Atlanta Area Revel B15a Subwoofer $649.00

willland

This is a ridiculous price for a seriously fine subwoofer.  These consistently sell for between $1000.00 and $1200.00 on the used market.  MSRP on these solid chunks of thump was $3300.00.  Still a highly regarded sub even at close to 10 years since version 2(B15a) was released.  I have owned my version 1(B15) for about 6 years and have never thought for one second to sell it.  Very fast and punchy, musical with great tonal balance, and can really bring the goods for HT when called upon, though you will not get much loud impact below about 19Hz.  If I would have seen this ad before passing by Atlanta the other day, I just may have scooped it up.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/subwoofers-revel-performa-b-15a-2017-11-29-home-theater-a10101b0-8414-41c3-ad4a-57388b53da1a

Bill

Audiogon B15 front.jpg

Audiogon B15 back.jpg

54 minutes ago, Ljk said:

I am running 2 klipsch sw12 in approx. a 15 by 20 room, how this one revel compare to these 2 subs? Would it fill the room, I have the 2 sw12 because l felt one did not fill the room. Thanks!

Until I added a 15" sub to my 10" sub in my family room HT, I never really felt the impact during action movie playback.  Things improved exponentially when I did.  Next came my SVS 13"  and things got really fun.

I never heard the subs you are speaking about so I can't positively say the single 15" will be a large improvement in filling the room but I know it will improve overall tonal balance, midbass punch, and musicality.  I am all about multiple subs so if you are considering the B15a and you don't have to sell the other subs to make it happen, then try with all three first.

Bill

Yea I may be able to the match 2 sw12 with the reaval. The sw,s have the radiator in the back,  2 fill the room nicely. I like them, they hit hard but don't go as low as the reval and doubt they are as musical.

I made an offer, if he takes it I will to have sell my academy center. Hate to sell, it but dont really need any more.

• 2 years later...
Hi friends
My B15 burned one capacitor and i need to find out who he was.
I'm looking for the electrical diagram or a good soul who has one and could see or send me a photo.
I need to know the value of the resistor that connects to a specific capacitor. The resistor that cannot be read is connected to a 470uF 16v capacitor.
very very grateful,
Rodrigo

On 7/18/2020 at 11:25 AM, Delacroix said:
Hi friends
My B15 burned one capacitor and i need to find out who he was.
I'm looking for the electrical diagram or a good soul who has one and could see or send me a photo.
I need to know the value of the resistor that connects to a specific capacitor. The resistor that cannot be read is connected to a 470uF 16v capacitor.
very very grateful,
Rodrigo

Not sure I can help but I have my amp out of my b15 right now. If you have a pic maybe I can look at my amp and see the resistor value.

I did not see any visible signs of damage but sub was making a noise like a loose connection. I plan on resoldering the boards when I get time.