FedEx Ground to the rescue...

Schu

Looks like one of boxes that fall from the back of semi truck to the ground, no one knowingly sees it happen then the semi runs over it. And yes that happens as told by those that worked at a FedEx facility. And FedEx  is who I put my faith in. And I gotta say Shu , you have some of the worst shipping karma I've ever seen. Should we ever do business lets cut our losses and meet half-way?

• Like 2

Yeah... it's been a rough few years as far as shipping goes, that is for sure.

The only good luck I have had is with the VRDs and NBS, thankfully.

If I could ever get them back from the jerk that bought them, I might be able to have them repaired.

Damn, sorry to see this! Not to make excuses but December through mid January is about the worst time to ship anything, companies hire lots of temp help for the extra work load through the holidays. At least this looks like it will be an open and shut case, should get a refund right assuming it was fully insured. 

Let's hope so... it was insured for the sale price, not the cities price... but I am okay with that. But I lost the $20 shipping cost and any return shipping price and the buyer lost his $15... Ground still got there shipping monies.

8 minutes ago, Schu said:

Let's hope so... it was insured for the sale price, not the cities price... but I am okay with that. But I lost the $20 shipping cost and any return shipping price and the buyer lost his $15... Ground still got there shipping monies.

I'm not sure I'm following you here, original shipping cost should be included in the refund along with the full amount they were insured for and Fedex will pick up the package for free, you should be able to wash your hands of this and only be out a little bit of time.

They will refund the actual shipping cost plus the full insured amount with proof of value (sale price usually) and once the claim is opened they will schedule a pick up of the item for free and pick it up for "inspection," basically they just want to dispose of it to prevent false claims. If you want to keep them you'll have to work out a partial refund agreement with them based on how much it will cost to fix them etc. 

It's almost impossible to get anything from the left coast to the South without it resembling that box. I quit buying from lefties just for that reason.

I've never had a shipper refund shipping costs with damage claims. They seem to think that they provided you with the promised service.

1 hour ago, Jirachi said:

Employees didn't do this. The conveyor belt system did while something was jammed up.

Source: I've worked at UPS for 11 years

I don't think I agree... I think it was a bad "Handler" that had no idea on how to "T" stack properly and more than likely jammed this on the bottom of a wall in a transport "Can". That is where the majority of damages occur unless the parcel is oversized. It certainly would was not a courier... unless that courier was disgruntled.

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I don't think I agree... I think it was a bad "Handler" that had no idea on how to "T" stack properly and more than likely jammed this on the bottom of a wall in a transport "Can". That is where the majority of damages occur unless the parcel is oversized. It certainly would was not a courier... unless that courier was disgruntled.

I would bet a hefty chunk of money that it was caught in a jam along with a bunch of other packages. I loaded trailers for 6 years before moving up to driver and seen more than my fair share of jams on high volume belts, especially during peak season. It's not a pretty sight when the jams are significant and constant. If it was a heavy or much larger box I'd be more inclined to agree, however

12 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

UPS only insures things up to $50,000.

It really doesn't matter what I say when I comment on these because people have already made up their mind anyway. The fact is you need to over pack everything you send, especially breakables. If you think "ah, that should do it" then there is still a chance it won't survive. Everything I send is packed with 1-3 inches of rigid foam insulation. Styrofoam works until it gets broken then becomes mostly useless. And the box matters too, obviously.  Spending an extra ~$20 on packing vs dealing with a damaged package claim and hoping its accepted

• Like 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

The fact is you need to over pack everything you send, especially breakables. If you think "ah, that should do it" then there is still a chance it won't survive. Everything I send is packed with 1-3 inches of rigid foam insulation.

Ain't it the truth?