FedEx Ground to the rescue...

Schu

Well if some idiot sent nearly $1million through the mail or with any shipping company they got what they deserved. To many fool proof options than those. And I've been wondering how this envelope from Canada ended up here in KC? See ya - need to find my letter opener. 

• Like 1

These were double boxed with the inner boxes supported by an inch of rigid cardboard.

This is particularly why I have not sent my vrds back to Craig for some needed maintenance. To date they have survived a trip from Craig to the original owner in Washington, then a trip to me, then a trip back to Craig, then a trip back to me... that's like four trips across the USA.

If that's not Russian roulette I don't know what is. I honestly anticipate trying to get hard sided pelicans for these things.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Schu said:

These were double boxed with the inner boxes supported by an inch of rigid cardboard.

This is particularly why I have not sent my birds back to Craig for some needed maintenance. To date they have survived a trip from Craig to the original owner in Washington, then a trip to me, then a trip back to Craig, then a trip back to me... that's like four trips across the USA.if that's not Russian roulette I don't know what is. I honestly anticipate trying to get hard sided pelicans for these things.

I think Craig's packing design, selection and use of that pink foam board stuff, is second to none.

9 hours ago, Schu said:

Looking at your pictures I'd have to agree the package looks like it got caught in a machine or something, there is just no way simply dropping that box would cause that much damage. The same thing happened to a Receiver I shipped several years ago around this time of year and the shipping box looked very similar to yours but with black streaks down one side like from a belt or something? I sent the pictures to FedEx and they didn't even question it just sent me a check for the full amount including original shipping cost. 

18 hours ago, jjptkd said:

They never heard of a wire transfer?  If they are that unsophisticated, someone should have advised them. 

15 hours ago, Schu said:

This is particularly why I have not sent my vrds back to Craig for some needed maintenance. To date they have survived a trip from Craig to the original owner in Washington, then a trip to me, then a trip back to Craig, then a trip back to me... that's like four trips across the USA.

If that's not Russian roulette I don't know what is. I honestly anticipate trying to get hard sided pelicans for these things.

Schu,

I would either learn how to repair tube amps , which should turn into a fun hobby, or build wood box with 2 to 3" of styrofoam for the VRDs.  I'd use 1" thick boards for the structure and 1/4" plywood for the sides. 

Sorry to hear of all of your bad luck. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Sure, but for $25 why not wire that amount of money? 

You, as well as I, know, people will do the stupidest things over trying to save $25.00.  This was in Canada.

Some old people don't believe in banks and bury their cash in backyard, some cannot rap their heads around a wire transfer and won't do it, and some people are 100% sure we have never landed on the moon.

What can you do?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

That's another story.

Would you be interested in making up to $5,000 per month in your spare time as a secret shopper?

Oooooooooooooooooooh!   How could I refuse?  Sounds like a lot of money for very little work.  Thanks for asking!!

19 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

You, as well as I, know, people will do the stupidest things over trying to save $25.00.  This was in Canada.

Some old people don't believe in banks and bury their cash in backyard, some cannot rap their heads around a wire transfer and won't do it, and some people are 100% sure we have never landed on the moon.

What can you do?

Addresses please -  

Just watching the news from mid-December until year  end should speak loudly to us "hifi guys/gals" - Wait until after the first of the year, maybe around Jan. 10. Don't ship our kind of stuff in December. The numbers of parcels and part-time help should be clue enough. 

27 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

That's another story.

Would you be interested in making up to $5,000 per month in your spare time as a secret shopper?

Hey I just got in on this sort of deal, sounds great. They sent me a cashiers check for $2,500 and said I needed to cash it and buy $500 worth of stuff (from a list they sent me). Then I had to send them $2,000 in Itunes gift cards. That seemed odd but what the heck. I get to keep the $500 worth of items!!! This is going to be the best Christmas yet.