Home theater seating...

Schu

I am looking for some home theater seating solution that can double as 2 channel listening seating.

I currently have an awesome top quality sectional that I paid quite a bit of money for, but it's horrible for movies and music listening.

I have thought about three single recliners that I can arch gently or perhaps a three piece dedicated home theater reclining seat.

Does anyone have any experience with seatcraft? I like that they use top grade leather though I have never seen them in person and can't verify the type of sticking used.

I like the grenada manual recliner three piece, but it's not an arch but straight seating with too grade leather fronts. They seem very reasonable at around 1600 shipped.

grenada-7000-gallery-07.jpg

There does indeed to be quite a range of options and choices. I am going to look at an option later today, a well built recliner that I could layout in a smooth arch facing the screen with the single seat in the middle 

All this searching and I keep seeing the same models with different names on them from different manufacturers... private labeling out of China probably.

I am sure most of them are comfortable... but what about longevity and quality of construction. $1600 for a set of three, <$600 each, seems like lower end goods.

Can’t offer much help. When we first arrived here 8 years ago I saw a CList ad for seating. Yada yada, his wife bought 2 rows of 3 arced manual recliners as a present when he was on oil rig for months. They were in the garage and upon his return they discovered that the seats wouldn’t fit the room. I picked up one row for $300. After 8 years in the kids game room, they are still going strong.

• Like 2

Those seats aren't for me.  I'll recline, get comfortable then fall asleep.  Defeats the whole purpose of watching a movie.
Yep. When I first got mine, I fell asleep in them every.... single.....time.

I love mine. Twelve years now. I can't see ever being without a recliner now. My only complaint would be that the lumbar support isn't the greatest. I can't sit in them for too long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 12/25/2017 at 8:57 PM, Schu said:

I like that they use top grade leather though I have never seen them in person and can't verify the type of sticking used.

Be careful with high grade leather.  It is more fragile than the "lower quality" stuff.  I have leather couches that have really expensive leather and they feel nice, but dogs jumping on them will scratch them.  I have other couches that have nice leather, but not high end (RC Willy stuff) and it has lasted through dogs and lots of other abuse. 

I was at a friend's house at a party and there were kids jumping on all of his new theater couches.  He said that he had not even sat in them yet.  My head would have exploded if I were him. 

If you just have responsible adults, go for it, it you have pets or grand kids, I'd avoid really expensive leather. 

I have a few Coaster recliners in my music room that were decently priced and really durable.  Coaster is sold at most furniture stores. 

I picked this up at The Great Escape as part of a Black Friday Special ($1423 out the door, delivered, and installed) I needed 4 seats not 3 which are harder to find. The 2 recliners on the end are power and the 2 recliners in the middle are manual. I was only looking for manual recliners (primarily due to budget) but can tell you that the additional adjustability that the power seats offer comes in handy for comfort in prolonged viewing/listening sessions.

I'm beyond thrilled for the price I paid. It looks like it can also be configured in a 3 seat option if that's what you want.

https://www.shopthegreatescape.com/products/product_info/10670_SYDNEY

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

• Like 2