Cap Question

lucky5115

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, jimjimbo said:

I have used the ClarityCap CSA in my AA rebuilds in both my Khorns and La Scalas.  DeanG recommended them, and I was very happy with the quality of the caps at a reasonable price.

Hey ya jimjimbo!! Do you remember what caps you put in those H1's I bought from ya??

38 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Hey ya jimjimbo!! Do you remember what caps you put in those H1's I bought from ya??

Hi there.  At the time we had that transaction, I am virtually certain that I put in Dayton Premium Audio 1% caps.  I wasn't using anything else at that time.  I still do use them, and will continue to because they are good at a good price.   I've experimented with a few other brands/types since then.   I can look back in my messages to verify.

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Hi there.  At the time we had that transaction, I am virtually certain that I put in Dayton Premium Audio 1% caps.  I wasn't using anything else at that time.  I still do use them, and will continue to because they are good at a good price.   I've experimented with a few other brands/types since then.   I can look back in my messages to verify.

That's o.k., no need to go through all that. When I got them home I was really surprised how well they blended with a pair of KLF-20's with Bob's networks. :D

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

Right, because they're so amazing. Because every $2 metalized capacitor sounds just as good as a film and foil.

You're half deaf.

Thanks Dean, you're making a very good impression today.

Oh, and by the way, no one said that.

7 minutes ago, Deang said:

Mark inferred it. It's ridiculous.

This place kills me. Thousands of dollars on gear, but peanuts on the parts between the amp and the drivers.

Dean, have you ever done a truly blind test between what you call cheap, cheap, cheap junk (apparently Dayton), a modest priced cap, and one of your big buck caps?  I doubt it.  I dare you.

10 minutes ago, Deang said:

Mark inferred it. It's ridiculous.

This place kills me. Thousands of dollars on gear, but peanuts on the parts between the amp and the drivers.

I thought is was O with a HI in the middle O

Ya know like O-HI-O

35 minutes ago, Deang said:

Right, because they're so amazing. Because every $2 metalized capacitor sounds just as good as a film and foil.

You're half deaf.

By the way, these "cheap" caps sound darn good for the low price.  I really mean that.  I ran into them by accident after a few years of not fooling with passives much.  Basically, the quality of the low end components seems to have leaped forward.  No they are not boutique but what do want for $2.00?  Sometimes this is what fits the bill.

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Dean, have you ever done a truly blind test between what you call cheap, cheap, cheap junk (apparently Dayton), a modest priced cap, and one of your big buck caps?  I doubt it.  I dare you.

I don't think you went far enough. I believe a "double dog dare" is in order here! Lets get serious and quite pusssy footin' around --