Help with the finer points of setup

mons0160

My Audyssey microphone was DOA and I've been patiently awaiting it's replacement.  I figure I can go the manual route for now.  My setup is as follows and I was hoping you guys could help me with some of the finer details in terms of the crossovers, large/ small, +-db settings etc.., just to get a guy started. 

-Denon 4300H Receiver

-Klipsch R-26 towers (x2) for my L & R (and currently setup as center)

-Future state-Klipsch R-15M bookshelf (single) for center once we get our console table in place under the TV :rolleyes:.  Side Note- would it be blasphemous to have it on its side laying down to save on height?

-Bose 161 (x2) for surrounds (hung on basement soffit ~6.5ft from floor nearly directly to the left/right of seating position)

-Monoprice Caliber Series 8" ceiling speakers (x2)

-Klipsch R-10SW Subwoofer (10") (x1)

The main seating position is about 12ft from the towers and the sub, 7ft from the surrounds and 7ft from the heights. 12AWG connecting it all in wall.

I’m setting this up as a 5.1.2 Atmos setup for movies and some gaming.  Any advice is welcome.  I’m a pretty technical individual, but not so much in the audio realm.  So I can follow instructions, but coming up with the finer points myself will be a learning process. 

Thanks folks!

Do it manually, you're going to have to tweak it anyway.
Check the speaker manual and set the receiver low pass filters accordingly.
Download an SPL app to your phone, I'm using VU Meter 1.4. 

Then you can use your phone to set the desired speaker levels.

• Like 1

I bought a pair of the bookshelf R-15Ms thinking theybwould be my surrounds, but their dimensions ended up being too big to be mounted on my soffit. Past the return date, so I figured a single could serve as my center channel until I can spring for a true one. 

My Audyssey microphone was DOA and I've been patiently awaiting it's replacement.  I figure I can go the manual route for now.  My setup is as follows and I was hoping you guys could help me with some of the finer details in terms of the crossovers, large/ small, +-db settings etc.., just to get a guy started. 

-Denon 4300H Receiver
-Klipsch R-26 towers (x2) for my L & R (and currently setup as center)
-Future state-Klipsch R-15M bookshelf (single) for center once we get our console table in place under the TV :rolleyes:.  Side Note- would it be blasphemous to have it on its side laying down to save on height?
-Bose 161 (x2) for surrounds (hung on basement soffit ~6.5ft from floor nearly directly to the left/right of seating position)
-Monoprice Caliber Series 8" ceiling speakers (x2)
-Klipsch R-10SW Subwoofer (10") (x1)

The main seating position is about 12ft from the towers and the sub, 7ft from the surrounds and 7ft from the heights. 12AWG connecting it all in wall.
I’m setting this up as a 5.1.2 Atmos setup for movies and some gaming.  Any advice is welcome.  I’m a pretty technical individual, but not so much in the audio realm.  So I can follow instructions, but coming up with the finer points myself will be a learning process. 
Thanks folks!

PM me, I have three mikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk