I miss Radio Shack

sean5340

LX-5's were one of the best speakers ever for the money.  Still have and am using a pair at my computer.  Excellent near field listening.  Noticed one store still open up in Rogers, AR.  Wish we had one here but I rather doubt those remaining are anything but shadows of the former "you'll find it here" Rat Shacks.

Dave

• Like 1

Those weekend projects that prompted a quick trip to RS for the odd resistor, switch, etc., are over.  Now you either plan ahead better or put the project on hold until, Mouser, Parts Express, Amazon, etc., can send you the required bit.

I was just discussing this with the iceman, I mean milkman, I mean paperboy, I mean . . . . .

24 minutes ago, Mallette said:

LX-5's were one of the best speakers ever for the money.  Still have and am using a pair at my computer.  Excellent near field listening.  Noticed one store still open up in Rogers, AR.  Wish we had one here but I rather doubt those remaining are anything but shadows of the former "you'll find it here" Rat Shacks.

Dave

I have a pair

I think there's still one around me (central MN).  Last I was there was after I bought my subs and one had a broken input terminal.  Radio Shack had a wall plate on clearance for like $5 and I just harvested the terminals from it and was able to do a same day repair.

6 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

Well, I miss what they used to be. I had no problem about NOT going in there and immediately being offered the sales pitch to buy a cell phone.

That was my immediate thought when I seen the thread title, not only the sales pitch but half the stores floor space and inventory gone to make room for cell phones..