Ultragain Pro Mic 2200....

SWL

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-MIC2200-BEHRINGER-ULTRAGAIN-PRO/dp/B000CZ0RHY

Anybody here ever use one of these?

Years ago on this forum, it was talked about as being a decent tool for using as a PEQ for subs.

I tried it on several subs. Klipsch, SVS, Velodyne and it always sucked. Big time. So it sat....and sat....and sat.

Finally, it occurred to me that a friend of mine was using one and really liked it. I couldn't believe it but he was using it to EQ passive subs that he was powering with an EP2500.

I'm powering my THTLP's with an EP4000 and decided to give it a try. At first I couldn't really tell if it was doing anything. I fiddled with the knobs and really wasn't sure what was going on but then it became clear that the bandwidth control was having a real positive influence on the sound. Turning the bandwidth all the way down vs all the way up or even half way was the ticket. I've had it inline for well over a month now.

Also, I didn't realize at first that this is actually a DI box as well. Glad I hung onto this thing because it's really doing the trick.

I think it was Michael Hurd that was recommending this thing. What ever happened to that guy anyway? He was a huge help when it came to subwoofers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk