One extremely nice sub or two very nice subs?

wuzzzer

Going back and forth on the subwoofer thing.  My main goal is to end up with one or two subwoofers that have a lot of output to 20Hz and a little lower.  My current setup is really nice for music but falls flat on its face at about 40Hz.  Ideally I'd like two to balance out the bass in my room.

Budget max would be $1,500.  I've had SVS in the past and would like to go with them again.

The new 4000 series looks awesome.  At $1499 that would obviously eat up my budget with a single sub.  I can also get two SB-2000s for $1170 shipped.  There's a PB13-Ultra on here for $950 that's local to me as well.

What would you do??:unsure2:

I'll trade you two PSA XS30SE in Cordovan Cherry for the SVS for sell. You pay shipping both ways. I miss my SVS PB12 Plus 2
I loved that sub. I loved the PB-12 Ultra Plus/2 even more. Never should have sold it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at there other than I'm not at all interested in building something.

You sure?  You can get a pair of 18" Ultra Max subs plus an Inuke 6000 w/dsp for $1200.  They are fun and easy to put together.  The flat packs are awesome.  @Scrappydue has eight of them. 

Just temping you, my friend.  B)

+++

Other than DIY, my vote is for one great sub rather than two good ones.

i have eight stereo integrity 18's, and i built first 4 from flat packs, and second from scratch. and i dont push diy much unless guys are ambitious and already have the tools and the know how for the dsp and what not with the subs. otherwise i find a big lack of interest right off the bat, and i lots of cases guys getting upset that they got in over their head and wind up disappointed. B)

6 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at there other than I'm not at all interested in building something.

Those Tuba 60 singles for $500 are completed, a steal at that price. These will get you to about 20 Hz indoors with proper placement, sound superb in comparison and really thump.

2 small sealed subs would be OK in a smaller room, if not go ported.

SVS does not even supply a 1Watt/1Meter chart to make an educated decision for purchase, kind of deceptive if you ask me.

Going back and forth on the subwoofer thing.  My main goal is to end up with one or two subwoofers that have a lot of output to 20Hz and a little lower.  My current setup is really nice for music but falls flat on its face at about 40Hz.  Ideally I'd like two to balance out the bass in my room.

Budget max would be $1,500.  I've had SVS in the past and would like to go with them again.

The new 4000 series looks awesome.  At $1499 that would obviously eat up my budget with a single sub.  I can also get two SB-2000s for $1170 shipped.  There's a PB13-Ultra on here for $950 that's local to me as well.

What would you do??:unsure2:
I really like what I have seen of the SB and PS 13 Ultra. Wonder if they were discontinued for the 4000.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, vasubandu said:

That would explain why they are so hard to find.  I assume also desirable. So there is a PB2-Plus with 2 12 in ch woofers for sale for $600 locally.  Would that pair with a SB12-Plus/2 since they are basically the same thing, and would that make sense?

Probably would be easier, yes.  PB is ported and SB is sealed.

Glad you found what you needed.  Heck of a deal.  

I am still reading up on the whole ported versus sealed thing.  If i understand it, ported has a greater ability to make monstrous noise, and sealed is quicker and perhaps more controlled.  If I am somewhat right, my inkling would be to go for sealed.  I also am fascinated by the round ones for some reason.  A pair of PC12-Plus or PS13 Ultra would be awesome.  The PC models seem to have lower resale value because they are atypical.