Peavey Kosmos

jtubbs6117

Bonus time is coming around in a few months. I would like to get a pair of stereo integerty 24's one for right and one for left. My prolbem is, I would like to be able to have more control of the signal going to whatever amp I am using. Using the Kosmos years ago still have left me wanting another one just for increased line voltage and independent control.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2017 at 4:46 PM, jtubbs6117 said:

I am shifting from prefab Subs to the big fun of  picking drivers and amps etc. I have 3 Adcom GFA 555 MK ii's these should do about 800 each bridged mono.  I was looking at the stereo integrity 24's for 1299.99 Picking up a pair and seeing if I could have some fun. But Talking with a electronics guy he told me that using a regular amp not a sub plate amp would not yield the output i am looking for because the plate amps take the RCA or balanced signal and increase it in the preamp section. Is this consistent with what you guys have run into?  I used a Peavey Kosomos in college to DJ parties and to have independent control of the subs it worked great and sounded incredible.  Just throwing this out there to see how you guys are getting over this hurdle. Thank you all.  

No.  It is bogus and the opposite of logic and my experience.  I run 4 VMPS New Larger Subs off of 2 Acurus A250 power amps.  Each sub gets about 350 watts.  All 4 can match output of the rest of my system.  My Pre/Pro has plenty of gain to drive the A250s to full output. 

I also have a Pro Audio/DJ system that runs 2 18" band-pass subs and a variety of mains.  All powered by Crown XLS amps.  Again the mixers/crossovers all haave the capacity to drive all of the amps to clipping. 

Plate amps have 2 advantages.  They often have built-in adjustable EQ with subsonic filters and all have some sort of phase correction switch or knob.  That's it.