Vertical cornwalls

Ryan from WA

Hi,

I just picked these up from a senior forum member here a couple months ago. They need some tlc but work great as is. I just randomly found another pair that doesnt need any work,  so Ive decided to let these go. Local pickup preferred in the Seattle area, but will ship at buyers expense.

Before butting these up together as a center I did put these in front of my khorns and listened to some 2 channel music. They sound very nice, I was surprised how full the sound was (first cornwall experience). The previous owner updated the networks as B2 and replaced the caps a few months before selling to me. I dont know how to accurately rate their condition, but I would estimate a 5 out of 10. There are some chips in the wood and they are decorators without grills. 

Previous owners notes:

1969 Decorator cabinets with 1983 drivers (dual phase plug on mid) all ceramic magnets, which last forever,

Price lowered to $700

Items Im interested in for trade

Khorn mods/upgrades (midrange horn etc.)

Parts/caps to update old AA networks 

Turntable

Audio measuring equipment for room eq

Audio rack

Material for dampening khorns 

Oppo

Large multi cd changer

Thanks

Can a more senior forum member weigh in on what they feel the condition and value of these is? I thought there would be more interest and am not looking to make money on the sale, just dont want to lose more than I have to. Already losing 250 on the shipping I paid to get them.

Thanks

Edited by Ryan from WA

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, Ryan from WA said:

Can a more senior forum member weigh in on what they feel the condition and value of these is? I thought there would be more interest and am not looking to make money on the sale, just dont want to lose more than I have to. Already losing 250 on the shipping I paid to get them.

Thanks

wvu80 - Dave, maybe you can help out with the pricing on this.

I know I recently found a pair of verticals that desperately needed a home (from a fellow on the Emotiva forum before he passed) and I put out the word. Luckily one of the Klipsch forum members responded and picked them up. I believe he is restoring them as time allows, he got them for free.

Not that that story will help you at all with pricing. GLWS!

Tim

• Like 1

Sometimes you just have to be patient when selling speakers. Audio gear (electronics) seem to sell quicker. It just takes the right buyer to come along, and they usually need to be local. I've seen people resurrect a 3 year old thread and ask if these are still available....sometimes the response is "yes".

Do you have them listed on any other sites? Good luck. 

• Like 1

for what it's worth, I agree with Ceptorman's comment above - could be that location, item FS & market conditions are most important factors.  looks like vert CW Decorators to me.  would think there exists a market for those, and I'd say almost must be local or within traveling distance to get them.  we know shipping can get very dicey, especially on speakers as big as CW's.

god luck on your sale Ryan.

-John

• Like 1