Klipschorn- label

Kmc2300

Hi, im totally new to this site, i was cleaning my late father storage space and i found a pair of big *** speakers, i found this label on one of them; Will anybody please help me to find out what year are these and are these soughtafter?? im gonna sell and just want to be clear with correct information i give out.. Thank you very much in advancd

AD78719C-57B1-4B7E-9A4A-723F2B49EE23.jpeg

Additionally, the "B" in KB-WL stands for "B-Style" Klipschorn.  The B-Style indicates it has the riser between the bass bin and the top hat.  There were three styles available -- B, C, and D.  B is the highest in the lineup and would've been more expensive than the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your father had good taste.  The Klipschorn is one of the best speakers ever made, and a 1980 model would still hold its own with most modern speakers, IMO.  It may need new capacitors, if the old ones have gotten too resistive.  You should probably play music on them for a few weeks to re-break them in, then evaluate them with all kinds of music.   They had lower modulation distortion than any normal (non-horn loaded) speaker, and very dynamic sound.  The Khorn must be pushed into a room corner, with a good seal, unless you use artificial corners.   I wouldn't sell them unless money is really short.  Many people who sell them regret it later.   1980 was the year they started using a new phase plug in the midrange driver.  Yours might be from just before or just after the moment of transition.  Somebody on this forum will know how to determine that.  I believe that if the midrange (K55) had the wires soldered on, they were after the transition (a good thing), but I could be wrong.  Others, please respond.  Thanks!  My review at Amazon is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R11PVQ0SPT68ZZ/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000JQM14S

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, garyrc said:

Your father had good taste.  The Klipschorn is one of the best speakers ever made, and a 1980 model would still hold its own with most modern speakers, IMO.  It may need new capacitors, if the old ones have gotten too resistive.  You should probably play music on them for a few weeks to re-break them in, then evaluate them with all kinds of music.   They had lower modulation distortion than any normal (non-horn loaded) speaker, and very dynamic sound.  The Khorn must be pushed into a room corner, with a good seal, unless you use artificial corners.   I wouldn't sell them unless money is really short.  Many people who sell them regret it later.   1980 was the year they started using a new phase plug in the midrange driver.  Yours might be from just before or just after the moment of transition.  Somebody on this forum will know how to determine that.  I believe that if the midrange (K55) had the wires soldered on, they were after the transition (a good thing), but I could be wrong.  Others, please respond.  Thanks!  My review at Amazon is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R11PVQ0SPT68ZZ/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000JQM14S

THANKS fir the info. i posted more pics if it helps

2 hours ago, Kmc2300 said:

i see type AA X-over and soldered conection to speakers

K55-V With KH ink stamp

are these good things??

Yes, they are....The solder lug mid range K55-V is very good.  The AA crossovers could use a refresh with new capacitors, but that's not a big deal.