La Scala Modification Fact or Fiction?

Dave A

So I inquire about some custom built La Scalas with the claim of much lower bass. Since I am thinking of building a set sometime I am always interested in possibilities. Here is the modification claimed to work. " The top section of the speaker is opened up to the "doghouse" with a plate closing up the back which is normally open, with 2 port tubes facing the rear tuned to 30 Hz. This makes the ported section invisible as far as the appearance."

Now I know La Scala mods have been beat to death many times over but this is a new one for me. Anyone familiar with this modification to know if it is even possible to do what the claims state?

I am using google and have a page of links...

The Russians have hacked your device. 

I can never find a link using the Klipsch Community search at the top right of this screen though.

What are we doing wrong (try and keep it related to “searching”  LOL!)?

At the risk of getting some negative troll like feedback from a member that can’t help himself ( going on past performance ) 

I have heard good results with the above bass mod in the above posts 

But I have the other bass reflex version of a La Scala modification 

Its the one that has a seperate lower section cabinet 

Your question is - Does the bass box cabinet increase bass performance in the lower register 

The answer is yes 

However you need to also strengthen the sides of the dog box 

24 minutes ago, Full Range said:

At the risk of getting some negative troll like feedback from a member that can’t help himself ( going on past performance ) 

I have heard good results with the above bass mod in the above posts 

But I have the other bass reflex version of a La Scala modification 

Its the one that has a seperate lower section cabinet 

Your question is - Does the bass box cabinet increase bass performance in the lower register 

The answer is yes 

However you need to also strengthen the sides of the dog box 

• Thanks 1

" with 2 port tubes facing the rear tuned to 30 Hz. "

Experience has shown that for the K33E 35hz works better, two 4" ID about 7" long (a bit linger if using flared ports)

I also use 6th order EQ, an EV Interface A (or similar) device. Virtually any EQ device with a low filter (high-pass, subsonic, infra-sonic, etc.) will work, only needing a couple of resistors to be changed.