Devialet speaker system

mr clean

Can't fight physics and win. That thing is too small. Interesting as a novelty? Yes. Interesting tech? Yes. A giant slayer? No. I think it looks cool. If it were black it would be the perfect Darth Vader toilet speaker.

It reminds me of this Klipsch ad.

advb.jpg

This appears to be from the same French company whose ultra thin, ultra modern Class A/D amplifiers routinely sell for mucho $$$$. Doubtful horn lovers will find them to our liking but many rave reviews on their amps show they may have a market in this niche. 

10 hours ago, richieb said:

This appears to be from the same French company whose ultra thin, ultra modern Class A/D amplifiers routinely sell for mucho $$$$. Doubtful horn lovers will find them to our liking but many rave reviews on their amps show they may have a market in this niche. 

Why would they not be good for horn lovers, because they are Class D or high power?  My Bel Cantos and Murano Audio Class D amps definitely can sound excellent with k-horns and all other Klipsch products I have had and have them hooked up to.  They are 1K  and 500 watts @ 4ohms and render a black background I have not found elsewhere when used in high efficiency speakers like khorns.

Be careful not to discount new technologies.  You may be missing something good.

I guess I was vague; I was pointing out Devaliet role in the high end amp market was always favorably reviewed so their speaker technology may also be very good. I was trying to say that horn loving Klipsch guys may not find single source, direct radiating speaks to their liking. I have not sold Class D short as I currently own Wyred mAmps and a 3875 chip amp and prior Hypex nCores. Sorry for the confusion.

Just checked their specs. They are still fighting physics. 4500 Watts and only 108 spl at 1m. And still an impressive frequency range of 16-27k even if at +-6dB. But ja in the end they are pumping exceeding high power into small form factor woofers to get them to displace a lot of air. If they still sound good I think it’s solid engineering. But it’s not competing against full range loudspeakers. I think it’s more for people with a money wanting more boom in a stylish package. Sure it will be the best sounding “Bluetooth” speaker out there. I know lots of people that don’t want big speakers taking up a room but still want some decent sound. Think of the sound bar crowd. So ja interesting product that’s well engineered but it’s not competing with normal speakers or those who would buy normal loudspeakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down the road if they begin working on their soundstage and other delivery aspects you may see them and others using new tech take off. Physics can be fought with DSP and essentially unlimited cheap power. The future of sound is going to be interesting. What we see currently are essentially refinements of century old loudspeaker concepts. 10, 20, 30 years from now who knows?

20 hours ago, richieb said:

I guess I was vague; I was pointing out Devaliet role in the high end amp market was always favorably reviewed so their speaker technology may also be very good. I was trying to say that horn loving Klipsch guys may not find single source, direct radiating speaks to their liking. I have not sold Class D short as I currently own Wyred mAmps and a 3875 chip amp and prior Hypex nCores. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah then you are not talking about their amplifier technology but this speaker.  I'd agree with that but their amps look impressive though looks aren't everything.  There are a lot of amps at or below their price category which are killers though from an aesthetics perspective (goes with their target market), they are right on though you only show off jewelry and not listen to it.