Single Black LaScala. MN

Jirachi

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/d/one-klipsch-lascala-speaker/6442996050.html

No pictures posted

I have one Klipsch Lascala Speaker for sale. Excellent condition, late 80's vintage, excellent original drivers. Upgraded AA crossover rebuilt with new Crites capacitor kit. The speaker is finished in black. Looks near mint, needs nothing. Would be a great center channel between a pair of Lascalas or Klipschorns. Price is firm. Pictures coming. Leave your phone number with your email response, thank you.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Well then, maybe in June when the weather finally clears you can make a trip.....

I want to. I should have kept the LaScala that had been on fire. I let someone take them with the agreement to fix them up. He did and they look great....a lot better. I have the one K447 LaScala that I'm using as a center, but another one would be best. 

I am also looking for a single La Scala in black. I have one that was part of a Rodgers organ installation. It has screws on top and AA crossover. Minneapolis is too far from Dallas in this weather. Maybe someone can bring one to the Pilgrimage once the spring thaw comes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kirby said:

No grill. Serial number indicates 1978

Good eye. 

I track LS singles and before I added this to my list the average price was $449.  This was the ninth listing and it changed the average to $461.  $500 is a quite common asking price, the Seller's asking price of $550 is the highest price.  FYI low is $366 where the Chicago seller was asking $1100 for 3 LS in black, I just divided to get the single price and that single sample was only included once to compute the average.

Can you look again and offer an opinion on the label?  It's tattered, that just happens, but does it have over spray from a rattle can in black on it?  I can't quite tell.

00P0P_jqJsKqNIgIF_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

The AA was used until 1982 I believe. Also the K55M started in 1980, but if the mids are 401's, which it appears like it might be with the glimpse of ribs, then someone has completely updated this one. I don't think the 401's came around until '86 or '87. I bet is sounds great and looks good too.

• Like 2