Wiring the Subwoofer, Is This Way OK?

ksquared

I'm sure this way is not optimum, since each length of speaker wire isn't exactly the same, but at the current time if it will work even borderline I'd be OK.

Is it possible to get the signal to the R-112SW in the following way:

1. Amp ----> (speaker wire) ---> RC64II ----> (short length of speaker wire) ---> R-112SW?

The RC64II has the two connection points, for if somebody wanted to bi-amp it, but they remain as from the factory bridged in my situation.  So can I connect the speaker wire from the amp to the RC64II lower +/- connectors, and then use the upper +/- connectors to go with a short speaker wire from it to the R-112SW?  I definitely don't want to hurt anything by doing things this way.

I have the WA-2 subwoofer kit, and at some point that is what I'm hoping to use, although I'm wondering what the opinion from the experts here on that method is.

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

The R-112SW doesn't have speaker wire input terminals, correct? So you will need to connect it to your amp/receiver with RCA wires or your WA-2 wireless kit, which might be easier depending on placement in your room.

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

Your sub doesn't have inputs that you can connect speaker wire to.

OK, you're both absolutely correct. :D  Thanks so much.  I guess it might have helped to look a bit closer. 

So, with this inspiration, I've gotten the WA-2 setup with the subwoofer, and it seems to be working fine. 

Getting the WA-2 to work was incredibly easy, so I'm wondering if many/most people do the connection this way or with the RCA wires.  I keep wondering if there is some difference in sound quality.