marantz sacd on a budget

mopardave

28 minutes ago, dmb12679 said:

This is my 2900 for sale, just wondering why the drive belt is known to go?  Is it due to frequency of opening, or time on the belt.  This player has had so little use, and is firm and strong.  Also the price is listed in the ad at $150 DLVD

The belt just stretches out over time, whether it is used or not.  I bought a DVD 2910 that was basically new in the box, it sat in a room and was used a few times, and the belt was stretched. 

Not a big deal, a maintenance item, but it does need to be done, even if the drawer is working because it will start to hesitate and then get worse. Once the new one is in place it will work beautifully. 

I love my 2900 and 2910, both great players. 

• Moderators
On 1/2/2018 at 12:52 PM, Khornukopia said:
On 1/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, mopardave said:

kickin around the idea of a used marantz sacd  player.

On 1/1/2018 at 10:34 AM, mopardave said:

I would really like to get a Marantz player

On 1/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, mopardave said:

Thanks guys, but i am really wanting a marantz. 

My computer seems to display things that other computers don't.

Not sure did your show this ?

21 hours ago, mopardave said:

Just looking for a $200/$300 single drawer player

Sorry we mentioned anything that was not a Marantz, just thought he did not want to spend alot and was thinking only about 2 ch and may not have even looked at players like this which plays SCAD's.

The nerve or others trying to help with other ideas.

If this is for two channel only what else is in the system. I recently learned that DSD is not available thru optical or coaxial only HDMI which my prepro doesn't do via HDMI. I use an Oppo 105D and use xlr connection to my 2 channel preamp and have to turn HDMI audio off in the Oppo to get DSD (otherwise it's PCM). My point being ensure you know what your chain can handle before purchase.

33 minutes ago, dtel said:
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Khornukopia said:
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, mopardave said:

kickin around the idea of a used marantz sacd  player.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, mopardave said:

I would really like to get a Marantz player

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, mopardave said:

Thanks guys, but i am really wanting a marantz. 

My computer seems to display things that other computers don't.

Not sure did your show this ?

22 hours ago, mopardave said:

Just looking for a $200/$300 single drawer player

Sorry we mentioned anything that was not a Marantz, just thought he did not want to spend alot and was thinking only about 2 ch and may not have even looked at players like this which plays SCAD's.

The nerve or others trying to help with other ideas.

My comment was intended to amuse the OP. I probably should has just sent him a PM, and not posted it on the open forum where I offended everyone that was genuinely being helpful with all the excellent recommendations. Sorry.

• Moderators

No need to be sorry, I think everyone got that he wished for a Marantz, it was just other ideas, I know i have settled for not what I wanted many times but would work instead.

Part of the reason I said anything was because I did not buy it for music but a good 4K picture without spending alot. But was really surprised at how good it sounded with music and would play almost all other formats.

29 minutes ago, mopardave said:

ok, so the 5007 is the same machine internally?

I am not sure on inside components?  I'm sure there are some differences, not sure on the DAC between the two.  At the time of purchase I had no use for XLR or dual HDMI, only difference I liked was the brushed face and wasn't able to pay the large difference for that.

No need to be sorry. I appreciate all the suggestions.  The Denon 2900 may be one of the good one's.   Last year i was looking for Marantz and settled on Yamaha and that was a big mistake.     I currently have a Sony c333es modright and it constantly gets stuck, having trouble reading the disc with SACD being the worst.  This may be up for sale soon if i can find a better sounding player.   Sounds good when its reading ok.   No more Sony;s for me.    I have been using anolog cable with it because thats all my tube amp allows for.    The rca's are high quality cables(oval one analysis).    So that will stay the same.    I will take a look at those Marantz UD5007.   Thanks guys

I doubt they would be that different.  I've been through a few mid/higher end cd players and to be honest, when your buying in that level I wonder what is a actually audibly different.  I didn't A/B/C between my UD5007/2900/HD990, but after changing them out it's not like audio fell from the heavens on each one.  I might get roasted but I think the pre/amp/avr/room and speakers make much more difference than the difference between any of the 3 above. 

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

ok, I bid on a UD7007.  Will see how this goes.   The UD5007 looks good too.   Would the UD5005 be just as good?    Really don't care about HDMI's or streaming, just want a smooth player for tube and horn listening.

I was going to make a joke about those all being Marantz players, but I checked the price.  About $900 or so. 

Take a serious look at a new Oppo if you want to spend that much.  It will also hold its value better.