New question: Subwoofer location

vasubandu

I am making progress thanks to you guys.  So I now have an SVS PB2 Plus with 2 12-inch drivers.  In my new room arrangement, the TV area is in the top left corner of a larger rectangular room (vertical orientation).  My PB2 Plus has ports in the back.  Do I put it in the corner with the ports facing the corner, directly under the TV or to the right facing towards the open space to the right?  How far from the wall?  Right now I have all three ports open.  The guy who sold it to me had only one open.  Any suggestions?  And if you happen to have an old PB12 Ultra/2 hanging around  . . . .

There's no hard/fast rule for which direction the ports face. You will find facing the ports toward the wall increases the bass much like horn loading does. The distance the port is from the wall will affect the amount of bass reinforcement.  Position it to achieve the bass level and response that sounds best to you.

Oh, I didn't know you had 2 children in the house.

In that case, definitely point the ports toward the wall. Otherwise, Hot Wheels cars, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or homework papers ("Teacher, the subwoofer ate my homework!") will likely find their way in the ports...

• Like 1