Wireless solution for R-14M

TeeEl

(I want to preface this by saying that I did do a forum search and didn't find anything related to what I was looking for unfortunately.  And since I'm new my apologies if this is miscategorized.)

Greeting all.  I'm a new(ish) Klipsch head.  I bought a pair of RF-82 IIs a few months ago, and a pair of R-14Ms recently.  With my room layout (walking space behind my primary viewing/listening area) I need a wireless solution for my rear speakers.  I previously purchased a Rocketfish wireless rear speaker adapter (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-universal-wireless-rear-speaker-kit-black/8275528.p?skuId=8275528) which seemed to work okay for my old speakers, but I fear the Klipsch are too power hungry for this little setup... which brings us to my question.  Should I look for a different (that is to say, stronger) wireless adapter... or would feeding the adapter into a powered stereo amp be a better option?  And do you have recommendations on hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TeeEl

With my old setup they were beside me, but again, due to the room lay out they have to be behind me.  However, even if they were beside me they would need a wireless adapter of some sort as I have no way of direct wiring to the receiver save for running wires across my hardwood floor.

My mistake on that then.  I had read somewhere previously that they were and took it for gospel.  I'm going to wire the R-14Ms directly to the receiver just to ensure they're good that way, and if so my Rocketfish might be dead/dying...  or possibly damaged in my move.  My previous speakers were Mirage OS3 Sats, which as far as I know the Rocketfish drove fine...  but the distance between my standing speakers and the surround has increased so maybe I'm just noticing the sound degradation more now.

Okay, good to know.  So, I probably should've been specific in my first post...  the current setup is not working.  The sound from the R-14Ms is broken.  Like listening to a scratchy record.  Plays, stops, plays, stops, with static/crackling as well.  This is why I intend to hook them directly to the receiver to ensure they work that way.  If so, would a better choice be a stereo amp just for these two, or a different wireless adapter setup?

Edited by TeeEl

So I hooked up some crappy throw away speakers to the Rocketfish and they had the same issue.  Guess it went bad so hooking an amp to it wouldn't have helped anyhow.  Guess it's time for me to look for a different solution.

And now I tried another wireless adapter (Amphony 1700) that had the same issue.  I don't understand because hard wiring the speakers into the receiver is fine...  but now two wireless adapters don't work?  I'd like to suspect the receiver but then wiring shouldn't work, should it?  I guess I could just go to the Onkyo forums to try to get help there now.

Nope, it was in a different room (for the Rocketfish...  the Amphony is brand new).  I thought that might be the case but honestly didn't troubleshoot it that far out.  I read somewhere that the Amphony 1800 has issues with 5ghz wifi, so it stands to reason that the 1700 does as well.  I guess I can try completely disabling the 5ghz first, and if that continues to work try different channels.  I stream over the 5ghz though, so I can't just unplug the wifi whenever I want to use the speakers.  =( 

Edited by TeeEl