Help with wall mounting KG 2.5

Mudkicker

I think I would leave them on the floor. They are intended to be floor standing and sound best on the floor. Wall mounting would destroy your bass response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, they are definitely bookshelf speakers.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

How handy are you? 

The front plate will pop off of the cabinet and if you are able to make a board to mount the crossover on, you can install the speaker in the wall with the grills.  You might need to add some trim around it, but that is easy enough.  I have 6 of these that I will be mounting inwall just like this. 

It looks to be identical to an inwall speaker klipsch made at the same time as these.

How handy are you? 

The front plate will pop off of the cabinet and if you are able to make a board to mount the crossover on, you can install the speaker in the wall with the grills.  You might need to add some trim around it, but that is easy enough.  I have 6 of these that I will be mounting inwall just like this. 

It looks to be identical to an inwall speaker klipsch made at the same time as these.
Unfortunately in-wall isn't an option.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I owned several pairs of KG 2.5's years back and if I remember correctly they are predrilled/tapped for wall mount brackets. I have a new pair of Omnimount WQF-T brackets still in the box (since ~ 2001) with SS screws. Never used them. There are 2 pieces per speaker. One piece mounts to the wall and the other half to back of the speaker. The speaker then simple slides onto the wall mount bracket. Thickness together is about 1 inch (projection from wall).  They're heavy and will easily hold the 2.5's.

If interested let me know. They're going in the trash within the next few weeks.

Keith

2 hours ago, T2K said:

I owned several pairs of KG 2.5's years back and if I remember correctly they are predrilled/tapped for wall mount brackets. I have a new pair of Omnimount WQF-T brackets still in the box (since ~ 2001) with SS screws. Never used them. There are 2 pieces per speaker. One piece mounts to the wall and the other half to back of the speaker. The speaker then simple slides onto the wall mount bracket. Thickness together is about 1 inch (projection from wall).  They're heavy and will easily hold the 2.5's.

If interested let me know. They're going in the trash within the next few weeks.

Keith

I am interested in the brackets.  How big of a speaker will they mount?  I have some JBL LX55's that I need to mount in an exercise room.  I'll PM you.