lascalas very little bass

prog guy

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

My '89 LaScalas were the same as yours, beautiful speakers. First, the AL really needs to be swapped out.

If you get new A/AA crossovers from Bob, you can also drop the mids approx 3db. This will give you more apparent bass when you crank the volume back up.

Please note the bass sbould be, no, will be cleaner and smoother than the CV bass. The woofer on the CVs will have way more distortion because that is what direct radiators have. The LS cone barely moves, that is the efficiency plus of a horn loaded woofer. 

I would say you are used to listening to the modulation distortion of dr speakers. It is night and day different and not really accurate. Even those big woofers on the JBLs.

Did you loosen and retighten the screws on the terminal strips on the crossovers? That could make a huge difference as well.

Bruce

I have not touched the crossovers they look like the guts of a old magnavoxTV from the 50's
! LOL

20171216_134310S.jpg

2 minutes ago, Skelt said:

Since the AL crossover is so undesirable it would easy to disconnect th additional 2.5 mh inductor abd 30 mf cap and convert the woofer circuit to tha A/AA.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I was going to replace them with aa-3's

Back to bass.

I don't have the energy to read the last 7 pages ...

With LaScalas, you have to have some reinforcement from corners or walls, and even then, if you're doing movies -- they'll fall short.

You can correct the balance with some network changes, but that only gets you halfway there. Any serious bass will require a good subwoofer or two ...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

Back to bass.

I don't have the energy to read the last 7 pages ...

With LaScalas, you have to have some reinforcement from corners or walls, and even then, if you're doing movies -- they'll fall short.

You can correct the balance with some network changes, but that only gets you halfway there. Any serious bass will require a good subwoofer or two ...

yes I'm getting that thank you

22 hours ago, Skelt said:

Since the AL crossover is so undesirable it would easy to disconnect th additional 2.5 mh inductor abd 30 mf cap and convert the woofer circuit to tha A/AA.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

There is a mod page for doing that, and or more possibly. May send @CECAA850 a request to post link again. Do not know what am missing in the bass department but, if the AL/AB are consorts with evil, guess I need a change. Wonder why they were born anyway...undersirables.