lascalas very little bass

prog guy

2 minutes ago, muel said:

Looks like February of 1987 (6th week of year).   Those drivers and network came way after 1976.

2 minutes ago, muel said:

Looks like February of 1987 (6th week of year).   Those drivers and network came way after 1976.

3 minutes ago, muel said:

ok so do I have the AL-3 crossovers?

I tried to click on the link all I get is 

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Are you sure you don't have polarity reversed in your wiring?

Normally a La Scala has plenty of bass, when in good condition.  The only thing is that they stop at 50 Hz (or a bit lower of you place them in a corner)  Maybe this is what you experience as 'very little bass'.   Lots of people say this when they hear tight, fast, correct and undistorted bass for the first time.  You can always add one or more subwoofers to fill in the gap below 50Hz.   As already said above, almost every speaker sounds better when pairing them with one or multiple subwoofers.  Just keep in mind that you will need very potent subs to keep up with the efficiency of the La Scalas.  

Please, do not try to squeeze, say 25 Hz, out of a La Scala by using powerful amps and/or EQ.  A La Scala simply won't do 25 Hz and It is most likely that you will fry the woofer trying to do this.

Hello again Pro Guy!

NO! Don’t wire them in parallel. Might blow your amp, Vegas draw low ohms when cranked! My (lesser) amps used to go into protection every time I dialed them up!

Your amp should have “Speakers A” and “Speakers B” connections. A to one pair and B to the other pair.

And I STILL have the same problem as you trying to find other posts on the Klipsch forum.

I just google the title and then go from there from the results...

The AL crossover is labelled in your picture.

I forgot to congratulate you on getting LaScalas. Stay with it man, they are worth it.

2 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Hello again Pro Guy!

NO! Don’t wire them in parallel. Might blow your amp, Vegas draw low ohms when cranked! My (lesser) amps used to go into protection every time I dialed them up!

Your amp should have “Speakers A” and “Speakers B” connections. A to one pair and B to the other pair.

And I STILL have the same problem as you trying to find other posts on the Klipsch forum.

I just google the title and then go from there from the results...

The AL crossover is labelled in your picture.

I forgot to congratulate you on getting LaScalas. Stay with it man, they are worth it.

I had them in a series cerketwith the D-9's and no one was making bass wired that way! I'm using Carver M1-ot's to power them so only one speaker out put They can deliver 500 watts per chanal

That white rectangular power resistor in your AL crossover looks out of place.

Your crossover is labelled on the front of the board at the far right.

You absolutely do not need a powerful amp for LaScalas. Not like Vegas.

Sorry to hear the Carver only has one speaker connection... 

I'm thinking of upgrading

the AL crossovers to a AL-3

18 hours ago, geoff. said:

I think a 1976 Klipsch would have a “letter” designation for the year,  “R” or “S” in the code. And, get this, it would be hand-written on the label.

Yours have the “newer” K-55-M mid driver, but still have the metal K-400 horn. I think by ‘89 the resin K-401 horn started to be used on the K-55-M. And somewhere in there the AL-2 crossover came out.

There is a list on this forum somewhere with all of the progressions over the model years.

Like I said, there have been ALOT.

I tried to click on the link all I get is 

4 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Are you sure you don't have polarity reversed in your wiring?

9 minutes ago, geoff. said:

witch areberrer the AA's or the AL-3?

CECAA850, thanks for the clarification.

Did you stick with AL?

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

No, I turned them into AA's.  There's a set that I just finished in the background.