CES 2018

Hasty

Any guesses about what Klipsch in going to bring to the table to CES 2018 next week?   I know a lot of people were asking for a Chorus-iii when the Forte-iii was unveiled last year.   There are still a few people that wanted the "heritage inspired" integrated amp.

Yeah, it sounded as if there would be a heritage inspired subwoofer during 2017.  There seems to be a lot of backlash on using the Heritage moniker on non-PWK designs though, so they may have decided against it.

4 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I don't know how it works, I thought anybody could go.  

I think so also... but you need to know what the room/area is at the Venetian. Those are sometimes private parties/rooms also so one might need an invite from someone at the booth.

The Venetian is not part of the main convention center display area.

Any idea what they will be driving them with?

• Moderators
On 1/3/2018 at 8:49 PM, Schu said:

I think so also... but you need to know what the room/area is at the Venetian. Those are sometimes private parties/rooms also so one might need an invite from someone at the booth.

Toolshed, VPI turntables and phono amps, Carey, etc., etc.

• Moderators
On 1/4/2018 at 11:53 AM, CECAA850 said:

I believe you have to be in the industry and it's not open to the general public.

Anybody can go if you plan enough ahead and pay the registration fee and you just check the box that says installer or consultant on the registration form.  It is much more difficult and expensive to try and register at the show.  Once you are registered they send you a renewal every year.  

It's  $300 by the way, there is a substantial savings if you are a CTA member.

• Moderators
On 1/3/2018 at 8:49 PM, Schu said:

The Venetian is an official CES venue, it is the designated high end area.  Anyone with a CES pass can get in any of the exhibitor suites at the Venetian. 

The private, invite only, hospitality suites are not listed as part of CES official locations

• Moderators
On 1/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I don't know how it works, I thought anybody could go.  

You have to register, they take your photo and issue you a badge with photo ID.  

Back in the day they would issue an attendee a guest badge and you could hand them off to others to shuttle more people in.  Those days are over.