CES 2018

Hasty

Here the press kit: http://www.klipsch.com/ces-2018

Looks like all new Reference, Reference Premiere, and some pseudo-Heritage stuff. 

Glad to see The Three and The One keeping Google Assistant. Makes Klipsch a lot more competitive in the emerging smart speaker market.

Noticably abscent are the powered speakers. I expected them to be featured more prominently. Also a little disappointing that they are none based on the redesigned Reference series. 

Edited by KitNorrie

18 hours ago, USNRET said:

Yea, no sense in letting people that actually buy the products in

There would just be TOO MANY people there if the public were allowed. That said you can get in as others have stated, but you have got to jump through the hoops.

42 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Perhaps pessimistic but the very first thing I thought about the sound bar was ....."custom built to match TV size" and then I change size. But reflecting back I change speakers more often than TVs

I'm only going to use it for broadcast tv... not home theater.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, Lateral_Line said:

I'm in the market for a pair of Forte III's.   I'd be happy if they came out with a center channel for the Heritage line up.   

Since the new mid horn in the f-III's is basically a modified version of the same horn that was used in the KLF-C7 and KV-4 I don't see why they couldn't make one to match. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I was thinking same thing.  We have a few that are wall mounted.  

I saw somewhere mounts or adapters that let you attach a sound bar to top or bottom.

Anyone know who makes those?

Mr google shows many images, most appearing to use the VESA wall mount attachment.

Am i the only one excited about the new reference line? I have been keeping an eye out for the Rf7 lll all year. But these could be very interesting too i think. Although not so much if it is just a small makeover to the rp280.

19 hours ago, AsD said:

Am i the only one excited about the new reference line? I have been keeping an eye out for the Rf7 lll all year. But these could be very interesting too i think. Although not so much if it is just a small makeover to the rp280.

The RF-7 III is still a totally different speaker.

21 hours ago, AsD said:

I think any improvement to the current RP series is welcome.  I like the looks of the upcoming RP lineup for sure.   I wouldn't expect the new 280 to be on-par with an RF7-iii though.  

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, jjptkd said:

The Heritage soundbar looks cool, so do the new Heritage headphones and headphone amp..

I already have a "Heritage Soundbar", a pair of KG 1.5's that my TV sits on top of! :P

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, jjptkd said:

44 minutes ago, Hasty said:

I think any improvement to the current RP series is welcome.  I like the looks of the upcoming RP lineup for sure.   I wouldn't expect the new 280 to be on-par with an RF7-iii though.  

I wouldn't expect the 280 to be on par with the RF7ll either.

10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I wouldn't expect the 280 to be on par with the RF7ll either.

I know. That would be a pretty stupid move on their part when the Rp is only about 30% of the price😉 I just like the Rp280 and i can't seem to get myself to switch my Rf7 ll out with a pair of lll just yet.

I would however consider switching my rp280 out with a new pair if i like the new ones. I don't really like the design though. I might change my mind when i see some videos or other pictures.

1 hour ago, AsD said:

I know. That wouæd be a pretty stupid move on their part when the Rp is only about 30% of the price😉 I just like the Rp280 and i can't seem to get myself to switch my Rf7 ll out with a pair of lll just yet.

I would however consider switching my rp280 out with a new pair if i like the new ones. I don't really like the design though. I might change my mind when i see some videos or other pictures.

When I saw photos of the new RF7lll, I wasn't crazy about the new face, but after seeing them in person, I think they look much better. I like the looks of the lll better than the ll, the RF7lll just looks more refined.