If you could have just one speaker for the rest of your life . . . .

vasubandu

Based on the three Ss - Size, Sentimentality and SOUND. I'd have to go with Forte II. For the first two of those Ss Heresy. If I was stuck on a desert island with no walls I don't think I'd want my Khorns. Then again if I was stuck on desert island I'd have more problems than corners. Like a sore tooth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Based on the three Ss - Size, Sentimentality and SOUD. I'd have to go with Forte II. For the first two of those Ss Heresy. If I was stuck on a desert island with no walls I don't think I'd want my Khorns. Then again if I was stuck on desert island I'd have more problems than corners. Like a sore tooth.

If you put the two K-horns together it would create one corner.

JJK

14 hours ago, vasubandu said:

What one speaker would you choose?  One speaker that had to do it all.  Music, movies, whatever.  I am genuinely curious.

I already do. But I could live with 2-way Jubilees with TAD 4002 drivers on K-402's. Missing the bass bins presently.

13 hours ago, Mallette said:

K'horns, the original.  Jube has it's charms, but nothing a sub doesn't fix which is still required with Jube if you want to get to C0.  Anyone who has read the 8 points knows why the K'horn is the K'horn and not a Jube.  Within PWK's parameters the K'horn remains inherently unimprovable...until the change the laws of physics.  

Even PWK thought the Jubilee was an improvement, but he sold the company before he could put it above the Khorn.

I've heard all of them.....owned quite a few.

I hear the potential in Khorns and Jubes but they always let me down.

Chorus ll's......I always thought would be the speaker for me. Not the case.

Forte ll's and Heresy's had to be the worst speakers I've ever heard.

The Khorns and Jubes were brand new when I heard them on every occasion. Setup, gear and placement we're all factors I'm sure.

All the other Heritage and extended Heritage models I heard had some things in common. They were used and up there in age. They sounded like 'cheap cabinets'. Definitely not high end. Forward midrange. Boxy bass.

KLF-30's I've heard sound like a mess plenty more times than I've heard them sound good. They had characteristics that I did like so this is the direction I went. These speakers..... after reinforcing the cabs, replacing the tweeter diaphragms, replacing the mid driver with A-55G's and new crossovers from Crites.....they are keepers.

I can only assume that any of the speakers I heard and didn't like would sound a heck of a lot better if they were 'up to snuff'.

Oh, Palladiums are the best Klipsch I've ever heard. Every.....single.....time. Those would be the ones I'd keep, if I could afford them.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SWL said:

I've heard all of them.....owned quite a few.

I hear the potential in Khorns and Jubes but they always let me down.

Chorus ll's......I always thought would be the speaker for me. Not the case.

Forte ll's and Heresy's had to be the worst speakers I've ever heard.

The Khorns and Jubes were brand new when I heard them on every occasion. Setup, gear and placement we're all factors I'm sure.

All the other Heritage and extended Heritage models I heard had some things in common. They were used and up there in age. They sounded like 'cheap cabinets'. Definitely not high end. Forward midrange. Boxy bass.

KLF-30's I've heard sound like a mess plenty more times than I've heard them sound good. They had characteristics that I did like so this is the direction I went. These speakers..... after reinforcing the cabs, replacing the tweeter diaphragms, replacing the mid driver with A-55G's and new crossovers from Crites.....they are keepers.

I can only assume that any of the speakers I heard and didn't like would sound a heck of a lot better if they were 'up to snuff'.

Oh, Palladiums are the best Klipsch I've ever heard. Every.....single.....time. Those would be the ones I'd keep, if I could afford them.emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WOW....a vote for Palladiums. I have a pair of P38s and the matching sub, they sound wonderful to me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

WOW....a vote for Palladiums. I have a pair of P38s and the matching sub, they sound wonderful to me.

I second the P38s.  They are as good as any high end speaker that I have had and are easy to drive (compared to others).  They also do not take up very much space.  I'd keep these above all others. 

• Like 3

For stock speakers that I have actually listened to, Khorns.

For speakers I have not heard, Forte III.

For a single set of speakers I would keep forever I would not want something "in-your-face."  I want something which would not need a sub and would be pleasant to listen to for long periods of time at moderate to low listening levels.

In case you were wondering, this is the tally so far as I understand it.  

Forte II            2

Jub                  4

Palladium       4

Left                 1

Forte III           3

Meyer Glyph    1

Chorus II          2

12-A                2

901                  1

Khorn              1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

In case you were wondering, this is the tally so far as I understand it.  

Forte II            2

Jub                  4

Palladium       4

Left                 1

Forte III           3

Meyer Glyph    1

Chorus II          2

12-A                2

901                  1

Khorn              1

Well since your counting, MWM/ 402, not that there are enough of them around to add up. I would guess size is the problem, not many crazy enough to put them in the house.:unsure: