If you could have just one speaker for the rest of your life . . . .

vasubandu

52 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

In case you were wondering, this is the tally so far as I understand it.  

Forte II            2

Jub                  4

Palladium       4

Left                 1

Forte III           3

Meyer Glyph    1

Chorus II          2

12-A                2

901                  1

Khorn              1

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

you forgot the 13a

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Even PWK thought the Jubilee was an improvement, but he sold the company before he could put it above the Khorn.

I am fully aware of that as we hear it quite often.  But I maintain he did NOT believe it was an improved design of the K'horn in that it violated at least two of his 8 cardinal points.   You can find many bigger, heavier, and more expensive speakers than the K'horn but only the K'horn meets his basic principles precisely.  It can be added to, or augmented, or whatever but not simplified or built less expensively.  That is why it remains "King Klipschorn" to many of us.  It never hurts to get your 8 Cardinal Points tutorial directly from PWK and then have him do the demo for you.  No question he'd likely have added the Jube to the line but the K'horn would have remained.  

Oops.  Not even sure what an MWM/402 or 13a are, but they must sound sweet.

Forte II            2

Jub                  4

Palladium       4

Left                 1

Forte III           3

Meyer Glyph    1

Chorus II          2

12-A                2

901                  1

Khorn              1

MWM/402      1

13a                   1

6 minutes ago, Mallette said:

No question he'd likely have added the Jube to the line but the K'horn would have remained.  

I never knew Mr. Klipsch so please forgive any inaccuracy in what I'm about to say.

My understanding from what I've read was that the Jubilee was supposed to be a replacement for the Klipschorn, the informal name being the Klipschorn II.

Dave, the speakers are so different from one another I agree with you, it seems they would occupy different a different niche in the product line so it makes sense both would have continued to be produced at the same time.  I guess we'll never know for sure what the marketing plan would have been for those two fine speakers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I guess we'll never know for sure what the marketing plan would have been for those two fine speakers.

Yes, and I would go for that as about the best we can say.  I am not qualified either to speak for PWK and even much less so to speak to the hearing perceptions of anyone but myself.  It certainly is hardly a surprise that when you mix the genius of PWK and his foundational work with the brilliance of Roy, something incredible is going to happen!  Fact is, it has happened several times now.  

Dave

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

My understanding from what I've read was that the Jubilee was supposed to be a replacement for the Klipschorn, the informal name being the Klipschorn II.

True, the Jubilee name came about from the 50th anniversary of the Khorn, it just did not get finished in time.

But I would imagine the Khorn would have still been produced, i would have hoped so just for tradition.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

You know, @rebuy the thing is that Bose has these speakers that practically fit in your pocket and are just as good as a jubilee.  Hard to argue with science like that.

:o

Yes better sound through marketing.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

@dtel I think the wife would draw the line there.  We have been married 30 years and I have not yet found the line, but I am pretty sure that would do it.

That may do it who knows, I don't know about that line (with speakers away) since my wife picked out these speakers. (married 39 years)

Ignore the little forte on the top right, it's for HT. The other speaker is a MWM/402, now you know what it looks like. (old pic)

mwm (27).jpg

43 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well since your counting, MWM/ 402, not that there are enough of them around to add up. I would guess size is the problem, not many crazy enough to put them in the house.:unsure:

I was going to go with MCM's but that is a small community :lol:

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gnote said:

I know how you feel, but I just had add it in, I like them so much, anyway we never once claimed to be normal.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well since your counting, MWM/ 402, not that there are enough of them around to add up. I would guess size is the problem, not many crazy enough to put them in the house.:unsure:

MWM/402 and with your New Sub !

I don't think you could do any better :D

• Like 2