RF-7III review, for whatever it's worth

Paducah Home Theater

2 hours ago, Kain said:

Is there any minimum listening distance requirement with the RF-7 III? With the layout of my room, I might be only about 5.5 ft from them.

That's probably a little closer than optimal, but I don't think it's a huge deal, I think it would be fine.

5.5ft is a bit close to a speaker of this size with the drivers as far apart as they are. You may be able to tell where the crossover point is sitting that close which may make it sound like it's coming from multiple drivers rather than a single source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kain said:

Thanks.

You stated "for now". Does that mean something is planned in the pipeline?

Not that I'm aware of, I've publicly asked for something bigger since there was like a black market for RS-62II's when they were discontinued but no there's no plans that I'm aware of.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 9:22 AM, Cinema Six said:

RF-7III and RC64III have arrived and are unpacked.  I unpacked them myself(not for the faint of heart)😂.  Quick thoughts which I will then  will follow up in a week or so with a review.  First, I’m no expert but I know what sound s good to me.  7s and 64 sound wonderful.   Please keep in mind I have yet to calibrate them and they are going through the breaking in process 🎶.  Two words keep coming to mind Clarity and Detail.....Clarity and Detail....wow.   Having trouble uploading pictures. Can’t go over 2mb.

Hey,

Any more feedback on the speakers? What were you using prior to these? What amp are you using to power them? Looking forward to your review.

41 minutes ago, Kain said:

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I remember you stating that the KI-396-SMA-II was much(?) better than the RF-7 II. What about when compared to the RF-7 III? Is it still better than the new RF-7 III?

It's just different... but I will say that the horn is significantly more pleasant at higher volumes which is why I liked the 396 so much.