Dual SVS SB-2000 review

wuzzzer

• 1 month later...

I was looking at a pair of SB 2000 to replace my two 15 year old Klipsch Synergy Sub 12 I use with my Cornwalls for HT. My neighbor had a pair that I really enjoyed.  I lucked on to a used SVS PB 13 Ultra (now PB 4000) and WOW  it digs deep and very musical  .  No regrets after 6 months of constant use (retired)   will see in 10 years if I have chosen wisely. Enjoy the new SVS subs they have GREAT Customer Service and free return if you don't like them.   

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the post, just received my SB-2000 as well. My plan is using it in 2.1, with my LaScala's(or soon to be Cornwall III's), Rega RP40 - 40th Anniversary turntable, CR Electronic Design - Carmenta Tube Preamplifier, and Dynaco Mark III mono tube amps, plus a Marantz SA8004 SACD player, until September,  to be replaced with the pre-ordered Marantz 40th Anniversary SA-KI Ruby SACD player...now there is a sweet piece. 

What's your opinion of using them for strictly music? Anyone else have an opinion on how musical the sub is? When I called SVS this was the subwoofer the tech had recommended "musicically" to match with my LaScala's, no recommendation on dual subs. I do run dual Polk psw125's for HT.  Anyone running their 2000 in 2.2 music mode?  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, boomer9911 said:

Thanks for the post, just received my SB-2000 as well. My plan is using it in 2.1, with my LaScala's(or soon to be Cornwall III's), Rega RP40 - 40th Anniversary turntable, CR Electronic Design - Carmenta Tube Preamplifier, and Dynaco Mark III mono tube amps, plus a Marantz SA8004 SACD player, until September,  to be replaced with the pre-ordered Marantz 40th Anniversary SA-KI Ruby SACD player...now there is a sweet piece. 

What's your opinion of using them for strictly music? Anyone else have an opinion on how musical the sub is? When I called SVS this was the subwoofer the tech had recommended "musicically" to match with my LaScala's, no recommendation on dual subs. I do run dual Polk psw125's for HT.  Anyone running their 2000 in 2.2 music mode?  

I listen to more music in 2.2 than I watch movies with my dual SB-2000s.  They fill the bottom end extremely well.  Very tight bass.  I bump up my crossovers to 120Hz when I'm listening to music.  That setting works perfect with my Heresy IIs that sit on 24" tall stands.