Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Chad

Klipsch to demonstrate the entire Heritage lineup (for the first time ever) at CES 2018

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, catman0122 said:

Hmmmm, wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity to break out updates? Chorus IIIs anyone?

Yeah, @dBspl Kerry, how about it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I think Kerry said.it was passive in the video.  I thing that mounting system for flat mounted tv applications is outstanding.   

 

Nice job @dBspl

Yes it's a passive.   I like the concept but unfortunately have no place to put it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes it's a passive.   I like the concept but unfortunately have no place to put it. 

I'm going to mount them under a couple of flat mounted ones that are just using built in speakers currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lotta talk about the Forte III; would love to audition 3 across the front and 2 in the front. Did I miss something by going CWIIIs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost pulled the trigger several times on the headphones but I just never use any, kept the Audeze LCD2s a couple of months and used maybe 15 minutes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Khornukopia driving systems notwithstanding any comparison CW III vs Forte III come to mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CW IIIs had the back two corners of the room behind them vs. the Forte IIIs had one corner and an opening into another room, so a direct comparison was not possible, but the midrange horn on the Forte III is very smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, Khornukopia said:

but the midrange horn on the Forte III is very smooth.

@USNRET Having never side by sided the 2, I would think that would be the difference maker as well.  The new mumped horn and driver vs the Heresy mid horn in the Cornwall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 4:58 PM, USNRET said:

@Khornukopia driving systems notwithstanding any comparison CW III vs Forte III come to mind?

 

..I listened pretty extensively to the Forte III's before buying the Cornwall III's.  ..To my ears, they were a draw in terms of smoothness and imaging but the CW III's had significantly greater bass extension and dynamic impact.  ..Of course, one should expect this given their greater size and cost.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you think about it, nothing has surpassed the original designs. Of course tweaks to improve on originals, but that's progress. You want that, to get it as great as you can get, tweaking capacitors, inductor's, newer smoother drivers, but really a clean 50 watt amp that can stand up, or surpass a 500 watt b&w 801 speaker combo, for live sound, that's pretty amazing in this day and age. You guys/girls that own them know what I mean!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Anyone know what happened to those rosewood la scalas that were used at the show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, Chad said:

For the first time ever, Klipsch will be demonstrating the ENTIRE Heritage product lineup at CES this year

 

That was a step in the right direction, but ... if new customers can't hear them it's a pity.

 

Whatever happened to tasting the fruit at the Adam Smith fruit stand?

 

Back in the day, the ENTIRE lineup of the time (Khorn, Belle, La Scala, Cornwall, Heresy) was demonstrated daily, along with a sampling of JBL, Altec, AR, Bozak, etc., etc., in the following  San Francisco Bay Area Stereo Stores:

 

Berkeley Custom Electronics

Pro Audio

The Listening Post

The Good Guys

Christopher's Audio

Poor Richard

A small store on College Ave. in Berkeley -- name lost in the mists of antiquity.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, garyrc said:

 

That was a step in the right direction, but ... if new customers can't hear them it's a pity.

 

Whatever happened to tasting the fruit at the Adam Smith fruit stand?

 

Back in the day, the ENTIRE lineup of the time (Khorn, Belle, La Scala, Cornwall, Heresy) was demonstrated daily, along with a sampling of JBL, Altec, AR, Bozak, etc., etc., in the following  San Francisco Bay Area Stereo Stores:

 

Berkeley Custom Electronics

Pro Audio

The Listening Post

The Good Guys

Christopher's Audio

Poor Richard

A small store on College Ave. in Berkeley -- name lost in the mists of antiquity.

 

Agreed!

 

Check this out: 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×