Chad

Klipsch to demonstrate the entire Heritage lineup (for the first time ever) at CES 2018

15 hours ago, catman0122 said:

Hmmmm, wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity to break out updates? Chorus IIIs anyone?

Yeah, @dBspl Kerry, how about it?

18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I think Kerry said.it was passive in the video.  I thing that mounting system for flat mounted tv applications is outstanding.   

Nice job @dBspl

Yes it's a passive.   I like the concept but unfortunately have no place to put it. 

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes it's a passive.   I like the concept but unfortunately have no place to put it. 

I'm going to mount them under a couple of flat mounted ones that are just using built in speakers currently.

Lotta talk about the Forte III; would love to audition 3 across the front and 2 in the front. Did I miss something by going CWIIIs?

Almost pulled the trigger several times on the headphones but I just never use any, kept the Audeze LCD2s a couple of months and used maybe 15 minutes.

@Khornukopia driving systems notwithstanding any comparison CW III vs Forte III come to mind?

The CW IIIs had the back two corners of the room behind them vs. the Forte IIIs had one corner and an opening into another room, so a direct comparison was not possible, but the midrange horn on the Forte III is very smooth.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, Khornukopia said:

but the midrange horn on the Forte III is very smooth.

@USNRET Having never side by sided the 2, I would think that would be the difference maker as well.  The new mumped horn and driver vs the Heresy mid horn in the Cornwall.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:58 PM, USNRET said:

@Khornukopia driving systems notwithstanding any comparison CW III vs Forte III come to mind?

..I listened pretty extensively to the Forte III's before buying the Cornwall III's.  ..To my ears, they were a draw in terms of smoothness and imaging but the CW III's had significantly greater bass extension and dynamic impact.  ..Of course, one should expect this given their greater size and cost.