Heresy pair in Mid-Missouri

codewritinfool

There's a lot of puffing in the ad.  Not excellent condition, dirty cane grills etc, but good condition for its age.  Seller asking for $600.  I think that is the kind of condition I would expect for the usual Hersey used price around $400.

Priced at nearly the same amount as they retailed when new.

Are they supposed to depreciate over time due to age of & electronic component wear, maintain close to their original retail value over time with normal condition variables, or even appreciate in value due to new offerings being priced substantially more.  Consider that the new H3's retail for $2K a pair.

$600 in 1982 would be worth roughly $1540 in today's dollars.

<add> Lets assume they are "worth" 1/2 of original msrp back in 1982 - which is $300 +/- for the pair.

That would be roughly $770 in today's dollars & I know full well not many are sold in the price range.

ymmv as well as your methodology for analysis.

5 hours ago, willland said:

I do think a bit high but condition looks very presentable to me.  Maybe $525.00 tops.

Bill

I agree Bill, I recently acquired a pair of Gen 1 Heresy in near mint condition for $400 shipped to me. That is not the norm mind you but in this case $600 is a little too high.

Tim

• Like 1