Grill-less HBRs in Houston

Cody_Mack

This pair of Heresys has been up for a short while. They are not in bad shape for 1st Gen HBR, BUT, they have no grills! What you guys and gals think is the deduct for no grills?

He has reduced the price to $390, think he started at $450 or more.

Rick

https://houston.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-klipsch-heresy/6430949628.html

I don't recall any of the Heresy's of that era having such shiny woofers.  Wonder if they were changed out or something was put on them.  Even the cone material doesn't look right.  Reminds me of Carboneau woofers (think Rockford) and Pyle's "wet look" cone of the 80's except with pleated surround.  At least in comparison to the bottom picture (not mine...borrowed from the web)

01111_bMmshNF2fLa_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_77MM8cnTVbL_1200x900.jpg

Image result for klipsch heresy

Or Heresy 2 (not my pic)

Legendary Klipsch Heresy II speakers

18 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Deleted

Did anyone capture a pic of the speakers that were for sale? 

First two pics in avguytx post:

6 hours ago, avguytx said:

I don't recall any of the Heresy's of that era having such shiny woofers.

01111_bMmshNF2fLa_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_77MM8cnTVbL_1200x900.jpg

11 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Deleted

Did anyone capture a pic of the speakers that were for sale? 

IMO, if you feel it worth your time and the forum’s to post an alert, please include at least one photo, if possible, from the listing, and identify it as such.  Otherwise, when the listing is eventually deleted, the thread becomes, all but, worthless.

Perhaps @avguytx can confirm which, if any, photo(s) attached to his post is/are from the now deleted listing.

If you disagree with the concept of attaching a photo to an alert, just don’t do it, but the absence diminishes the value of the post, IMO.  YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ad has been modified...check it out now. I texted him and asked him to identify the replacement woofer. He responded by revising the ad. Is that K-24-E woofer a direct replacement? The crossover looks original, with those box-looking capacitors. I remember replacing those in my 1983 pair.

https://houston.craigslist.org/.../vintag.../6448334589.html

18 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, if you feel it worth your time and the forum’s to post an alert, please include at least one photo, if possible, from the listing, and identify it as such.  Otherwise, when the listing is eventually deleted, the thread becomes, all but, worthless.

Perhaps @avguytx can confirm which, if any, photo(s) attached to his post is/are from the now deleted listing.

If you disagree with the concept of attaching a photo to an alert, just don’t do it, but the absence diminishes the value of the post, IMO.  YMMV

The first one he posted is from the ad, with the shiny woofers...

21 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I wasnt sure that one of the pics were of the ones for sale. After rereading his post, it makes sense, I just missed it. 

I agree with trying to attach a pic and a quote from the ad, especially from Craigslist. Some auction sites keep the pictures up for a while, but CL hides everything. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I agree. If you take the time to copy and paste a link, it's just as easy to right click and copy an image then paste it directly into the thread.  It ain't rocket science.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I agree. If you take the time to copy and paste a link, it's just as easy to right click and copy an image then paste it directly into the thread.  It ain't rocket science.

Jeez, lighten up, fellas...my OP was a question; what is the deduct for no grills? Y'all turned it into a debate about the woofers!

Rick

• Like 1