UPDATE: It's 2018; what audio gear DID YOU BUY?

wvu80

53 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Will you want more Cyastat SN?

Cuz my donation was 2X the needed value?;)

Thank, but I'm good for now, a little goes a long way. Did a couple of more LPs recently and thought I had a B-Jesus moment....then I realized I had swapped out the Khorns for Heresy to trouble shoot a left/right volume imbalance. The cleaned record seemed really quiet. Back on the khorns not so much.

Got me to wondering why we all as a general rule obsess about the latest and greatest. Heresy in their own right sound amazing. We should all just get a pair and stop there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, richieb said:

To the contrary I plan to subtract, not add, this year. I think I'm where I want/ need to be and further experimentation is redundant. 

(I read this back as I usually do before posting - did I really write this?!?).

Quitters never win....or is that cheaters? At any rate this is not a support group this is a bunch of enabling audio junkies. Get out of here with that talk.:D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, rplace said:

Quitters never win....or is that cheaters? At any rate this is not a support group this is a bunch of enabling audio junkies. Get out of here with that talk.:D

Not knowing your history but if you have bought / sold the amount of gear I have in past 10-12 years you would understand. After climbing Everest what's next, climbing it again? I need only one pair of Jubilees --

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gottajam said:

Unfortunately we are going to downsize. Wife says she is tired of looking at "the beasts" in the living room. I have to agree that they might be a little too much for our room but man I LOVE the P38s. Been looking at Dynaudio C1 Platinum, Dali Epicon 2, Salk and maybe a couple others. I am willing to downsize to some stand mount speakers, but I still want excellent sound reproduction.

Oh, the sacrifices we make...

Don't do it. Don't don't don't.  Regrets will be difficult.  They have the same footprint as a set of bookshelves on a stand. 

I bought P37's then found P38's and made some feeble efforts to sell the P37's, then just decided to use them as surrounds.  They fit in the room just fine and have a relatively small footprint. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, richieb said:

Not knowing your history but if you have bought / sold the amount of gear I have in past 10-12 years you would understand. After climbing Everest what's next, climbing it again? I need only one pair of Jubilees --

Last count I had over 22 Klipsch speakers in the house (not counting 4-5 pairs of headphones). Mountains of legacy gear. I've even got a rack system of gear in my garage with LSIs (Heresy IIs were not enough for garage duty). Everest!?!? Yes, climb it again. come on, the real guys do it multiple times....you must be one of the eco-tourists that pays a guy to get you to summit and have your wine and cheese waiting for you at base camp. Only the a Sherpa is allowed to call it a day.

I'm kidding, of course. I applaud you. I keep saying I will but never do. A lot of times it just sideways not forward or back.

It's good to know when to say when

for me, 1st - hoping for a good job with enough of a future to get me to retirement.  then after that, maybe I can get "approval" for an external amp.

SS probably.  2 ch, 5+... IDK yet.  too soon to really justify it with job future being so uncertain 

This year I want to replace my Parasound P5 pre amp and introduce some tubes.  I 've already been looking at a Mcintosh C 2600.  I read that Klipsch and Mac has always been a magical match.

Also there is the Cary Audio SLP-05, which Klipsch now is using to demo the Heritage line at CES 2018.  I think both the Mac and the Cary are in the same price range.  I guess that auditioning these two will be not be possible here in Belgium, so I will have to do it with what I find on the net.