UPDATE: It's 2018; what audio gear DID YOU BUY?

wvu80

46 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

They are sweet Jim.

I'm glad I got them.  The wait was worth it.

the neighbors get to enjoy them too..   I have no qualms with going over 5. 

@jimjimbo

could have said "vintage" as easy... The ornery side of me wanted to get a rise from ya ... so I could thank you again...

Hey, every time you post about them, you thank me in a way, and it makes me smile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Looking. I'm not a fan of vanity animals, but Morgan has been wanting a pair for a couple of years now and finally found some locally at a really good price. The pea hens are supposed to be excellent for egg incubation, so there's that.

They also make great guard dogs for your property.  They've been known to scare off hawks and foxes.

• Like 1

Posted in other sections but Marantz 8801 and Harmony Elite with Hub.  It's been a really slow year, oh, almost forgot, a Behringer DEQ 2496, oh, and a couple of horns and some drivers and a pile of xlr's...........................Ok, I have a problem, it really was a slow year for gear.

Hear's the best thing that I didn't buy, my freaking wonderful 20 month old granddaughter and her natural appreciation for music.  Yes, I'm going to gloat a bit here, for the last year and before she could walk, this child, Maylie, just absolutely loves music and dancing, but not just anything, her parents listen through their crap T.V. or phone and when Maylie walks into our home, the first thing she asks for is tunes, and she wants the stereo on and absolutely knows what she likes and wants to hear, it's freaking amazing.  I would venture to bet that she will be the only 2 year old that has her own actual system, complete with a set of RB5's and a sub, that will be in her room and her parents aren't allowed to play with.  She's already in training for turning on the equipment, adjusting the volume and we're starting with remotes, and I don't even let Denise play with the system.  There are just some things that are within you, and music and audio appreciation lives in my granddaughter.  I love this child more than I could ever have imagined.  

OK, back to what you purchased.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Posted in other sections but Marantz 8801 and Harmony Elite with Hub.  It's been a really slow year, oh, almost forgot, a Behringer DEQ 2496, oh, and a couple of horns and some drivers and a pile of xlr's...........................Ok, I have a problem, it really was a slow year for gear.

Hear's the best thing that I didn't buy, my freaking wonderful 20 month old granddaughter and her natural appreciation for music.  Yes, I'm going to gloat a bit here, for the last year and before she could walk, this child, Maylie, just absolutely loves music and dancing, but not just anything, her parents listen through their crap T.V. or phone and when Maylie walks into our home, the first thing she asks for is tunes, and she wants the stereo on and absolutely knows what she likes and wants to hear, it's freaking amazing.  I would venture to bet that she will be the only 2 year old that has her own actual system, complete with a set of RB5's and a sub, that will be in her room and her parents aren't allowed to play with.  She's already in training for turning on the equipment, adjusting the volume and we're starting with remotes, and I don't even let Denise play with the system.  There are just some things that are within you, and music and audio appreciation lives in my granddaughter.  I love this child more than I could ever have imagined.  

OK, back to what you purchased.  

That's awesome. I hope I am so lucky here in the next few years... 

Hey @jimjimbo

A Christmas smile for ya!

Picked up these terrific Super Heresy this past spring, and although behind this one is a kindergarten chair the bass, (heck the mid & treble soundstage too) on these blow away the Heresy II I sold a couple of months prior!

Thank You Jim

IMG-20181220-175012.jpg