UPDATE: It's 2018; what audio gear DID YOU BUY?

wvu80

It's 2018.  What audio gear do you want to buy this year?  What audio projects will you start or complete?  Home theater, DIY subs, etc.

Even though I don't need one, I think I would like to pick up a power amp like maybe an Emotiva 3 channel or 5 channel amp, but I am holding out for a "deal."

What say you?

+++

Updated 12/17/18

What did you get?  Replies starting around Page 5

2 minutes ago, woralph said:

I'm thinking of buying a Bose QuietComfort 35 II.

I have the version one; nice!
Aircraft: CHECK

Lawn equipment: CHECK

Do Not think they can react quickly enough on the gun range: My bad

I'm gonna get a whole bunch of those shitty Dayton caps, and stick em in my Mac amps, and maybe just on one channel so I can A/B and try to figure out what sounds best.  I don't think I'll solder them in though, I'll just use alligator clips so I can switch em around real fast.  Yea, that's it.  And a new snow shovel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm gonna get a whole bunch of those shitty Dayton caps, and stick em in my Mac amps, and maybe just on one channel so I can A/B and try to figure out what sounds best.  I don't think I'll solder them in though, I'll just use alligator clips so I can switch em around real fast.  Yea, that's it.  And a new snow shovel.

Alligator clips in a amp? Scary.

JJK

I'm in the process of getting all 4 of my HT amps recapped, service bulletins applied and incandescent lamps converted to LEDs. I should be good with solid state power for another 30 years. After that I'll turn my efforts to 2-channel and buy more records!

p53j4qgw09zx.jpg

• Like 4

Currently refinishing a 684.  Will be recapping and refinishing a pair of MEL H2s after that.  Next I'm going to attempt to take the rat fur off a pair of Kzp 250s but I'm not optomistic of having a positive outcome.  That will probably be my most challenging project. 

Purchasing?   Possibly a Schiit dac.

Unfortunately we are going to downsize. Wife says she is tired of looking at "the beasts" in the living room. I have to agree that they might be a little too much for our room but man I LOVE the P38s. Been looking at Dynaudio C1 Platinum, Dali Epicon 2, Salk and maybe a couple others. I am willing to downsize to some stand mount speakers, but I still want excellent sound reproduction.

Oh, the sacrifices we make...

18 minutes ago, gottajam said:

Unfortunately we are going to downsize. Wife says she is tired of looking at "the beasts" in the living room. I have to agree that they might be a little too much for our room but man I LOVE the P38s. Been looking at Dynaudio C1 Platinum, Dali Epicon 2, Salk and maybe a couple others. I am willing to downsize to some stand mount speakers, but I still want excellent sound reproduction.

Oh, the sacrifices we make...

That's a bummer. They really don't take up much more room than any other speaker, plus they're absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Currently refinishing a 684.  Will be recapping and refinishing a pair of MEL H2s after that.  Next I'm going to attempt to take the rat fur off a pair of Kzp 250s but I'm not optomistic of having a positive outcome.  That will probably be my most challenging project. 

Purchasing?   Possibly a Schiit dac.

No need to use profanity!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rplace said:

I'm in the process of getting all 4 of my HT amps recapped, service bulletins applied and incandescent lamps converted to LEDs. I should be good with solid state power for another 30 years. After that I'll turn my efforts to 2-channel and buy more records!

p53j4qgw09zx.jpg

isn't that Chuck 's remodeling plan ..

• Haha 1