UPDATE: It's 2018; what audio gear DID YOU BUY?

wvu80

On 8/7/2018 at 1:01 PM, Cody_Mack said:

A brand new pair of Mahogany CF-4s, updated and refined with Roy's present-day magic, the first pair to roll off the line! How 'bout it, @Chief bonehead ? - Rick

I'm with you Rick but I don't think it would happen as the two-way CF-4's would directly compete in the same price bracket as the two-way RF-7 III.

The only way I think they could do that is to UP the price point of the CF-4 due to the dual 12" woofs as opposed to the dual 10's of the RF-7 III.

23 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The only way I think they could do that is to UP the price point of the CF-4 due to the dual 12" woofs as opposed to the dual 10's of the RF-7 III.

Worth it! They are such awesome speakers; like no other Klipsch that I have heard...in a good way!

Rick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cody_Mack said:

Worth it! They are such awesome speakers; like no other Klipsch that I have heard...in a good way! -Rick

My mod'd CF-4 v1 w/15" sealed sub sounded better than the stock or mod'd 1978 Khorns.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

UPDATE:  WHAT DID YOU GET THAT YOU ALREADY DIDN'T NEED

What did you get that you were looking for, or what did you get that you didn't need?

+++

In my Post #1 I was looking for a deal on an amp.  I found an Emotiva XPA-5 for $300.

I wasn't looking for speakers but I ended up trading my original RC-64 for an RC-64 III straight up.  All it cost me was $80 shipping.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, I was looking at my own picture and I forgot;  I also got a used pair of Inuke 3000dsp amps and a pair of Umax 15's.  Oops.  :blush:

921994760_CheapThrillonCF-4small.thumb.jpg.8defb546685cf7a984aec0bf24939d08.jpgImage00001.thumb.jpg.278caeb2c2971c0607ebbceb052b9835.jpg

• Like 1

Too much gear.   Plenty of trial and error.  Finally found the right components for my needs.   2019 will be the year to enjoy it all.  Interested in a single horn loaded sub to replace both of my 18"s.  Hopefully GSG Audio can help me out there.  Waiting on a response in thay department when they get some time.  

In 2018 I picked up all items below, except for my original pair of KG4 (which I have owned for a few years now):

KSB 1.1's.

One SW8 II

One pair of KSF 8.5's.

A super nice pair of KP-3002's

A matched serial pair of KP-101's, 

A sequential pair of Epic CF3's V1.0.

2 sequentially numbered pairs of KG4's.

A pair of KP-1000's, undergoing restoration, sort of.

Two 1979 Heresy "Rat Rods" Super Heresy!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I got an "old" pair of LS

Glad you put quotes around that!  I would not hesitate to say that the pair you got from me is one of the best sounding pairs of LS I have ever had.  Not entirely sure why, but perhaps the symmetry of the cabinetry, the components and the reworked networks just all came together to make a terrific setup.  I'm happy that you finally got them from a long distance and that you are enjoying them. 

• Like 1