Ebay K402 and K510 with drivers

jwc

Visited this seller yesterday ... got a pair of 904's.

YES; he has THREE PAIR of 402/510's. Most in better shape than the pics; a couple look brand new. And he is willing to make a deal ... offered me a pair for $1000 - but had no more room in my SUV :(  Guy seems honest; think he is from Thailand. 

Also has misc Pro equipment, such as many, many sets of driver's for the 904's.

Cheers, Emile

1 minute ago, Emile said:

Visited this seller yesterday ... got a pair of 904's.

YES; he has THREE PAIR of 402/510's. Most in better shape than the pics; a couple look brand new. And he is willing to make a deal

Cheers, Emile

I just emailed him this morning asking if he'd split the set and just sell me the 510's and drivers.. :ph34r:  If I could land a pair of those might make an attempt at an active 2-way Chorus..

Couple things.

I thought there were 3 sets, now I am only seeing one listed.  Does anyone else see this?  I assume that the sale has been updated to make an offer,  as he might be down to the one set.

How would one go about fixing the crack?  I have made an offer and if he accepts,  I will at least build a new baffle, but may build a complete box.  I actually like the look of the horn, so a screen may not be added.

Wish me luck. If I score a pair, i will be starting 

Wow, before I could even finish this posted I started in the last couple of minutes,  the seller accepted my offer and I have already paid.

As soon as I receive, I will start another thread in technical/updates.

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I thought there were 3 sets, now I am only seeing one listed

Hi @The Dude. Was there yesterday and saw 3 sets ... did not look closely enough to see the "cracks," but did see one or two which did NOT have any cracks :)  Yes; he only has "one set" listed on eBay. 

Cheers, Emile

19 minutes ago, Emile said:

Hi @The Dude. Was there yesterday and saw 3 sets ... did not look closely enough to see the "cracks," but did see one or two which did NOT have any cracks :)  Yes; he only has "one set" listed on eBay. 

Cheers, Emile

He just messaged me that he has one more set.  He was really quick to respond,  as like he wants them gone today.  I made a fairly low offer, so I wouldn't be surprised if I get the cracked one.  

If one is on the fence, i would make an offer and see what he says.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tim, did he ship them direct and did he freight them or box them?  He told me that he was going to freight them terminal to terminal, I haven't heard what company yet.

Yeah Dude, he freighted them boxed and on pallets right to my wife's work. He had them wrapped in bubble wrap and inside large U-Haul boxes. They arrived in good cosmetic shape, not sure yet about functionality since I have not had time to hook them up.

I asked him a ton of questions through his Ebay ad and after about four days of him answering everything I was remotely interested in knowing I pulled the trigger.

Tim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

Dude- I have the same deal coming. How was the overall experience? Did he package them well for shipping, product as described?

Packing was good, he removed the k510 for shipping.  No issues with the shipping.  I will say I question the quality, one guy I know, said his had some warping of the flanges,  but nothing concerning to him.  Mine on the other hand are a little more warped then his. There are also some abnormalities around the ridge supports. However, I am not sure if any these affect the sound.  I haven't had a serious listening session yet, but from what I can tell, they sound good.  

I picked up a single 402 w/ driver and stands (also crack) today.  Everything else had sold, wish i had seen the listing sooner.  If anyone wants to sell their set for a profit to me I'm buying.  You can even keep the driver if you'd like.  Looks like I'm going to harbor freight soon to buy a plastic welder.