RF-5 Maple $350 BIN (Phoenix)

48n123w

I still do absolutely love my RF-5's,  love their sound and they are the perfect size for me.  I have learned to find components that really make the RF-5's sound their best and really do absolutely love the way they can sound when well matched. The RF-5's really do love my MHDT tube DAC's a beautiful sounding pairing.

One odd thing I've noticed my RF-5's have a watt rating of 250 watts on their original Klipsch serial number ID stickers, not the 150 watts as some others do.

Maybe a Klipsch change of specs or something. Emotiva has used two different specs on my amps as well, rating my XPA-2 at first 250 WPC and then later I think they started to rate it 300 WPC.  Anyway it doen't really matter as that is a continuous max rating and the RF-5's love more power.

But as for an RF-3 and RF-5 comparison, I think the RF-5's really are a significant upgrade.

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, Rich_Guy said:

But as for an RF-3 and RF-5 comparison, I think the RF-5's really are a significant upgrade.

I have no trouble believing that - stock.

8 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

Now in auction mode with no BIN available.

Current bid $202 with only 2 bids received.

4 days left, ends Friday at 1:30 pm EST

Saw that.  I really would have to get on this if I was in AZ.  Then again, I'd be getting over the shock of temperature differentials first.

On 1/5/2018 at 3:21 PM, Arrow#422 said:

Does no-one here "like" the 5's?

Good deal if you can get past the maple - not my fav.

No, I don't like the 5s.

I love the 5s. They got me started on this crazy journey. I still have a rough pair in cherry that I'd like to refurbish and veneer in something interesting.