Klipschorns For Sale Florida West Coast

captmobley

Youthman,

I had been following the buzz on the Tekton Double Impacts on Audiogon forum and some of the other online forums.  I posted asking if anyone had a pair I could audition and a gentleman from Tampa responded saying he had a pair he wanted to get rid of.  He had moved up to Tekton's flagship speakers so we made an deal and I brought them home.

The buzz is that they are besting $20,000 speakers.  I'm not sure about that, but they are awesome.  Especially for what I paid for them!

Come hear!

http://www.tektondesign.com

10 hours ago, captmobley said:

Thebes! They aren’t just HT towers.  Read the reviews.    And I’m keeping my LaScalas in my second system and 3 pair of Heresy ‘s if it makes you feel better.

Just tweakin ya a bit. Trying out other flavors can be fun.

But life without Khorns. Not so sure I could ever go back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Remember when Alexander and Tekton were all about these? Mark Deneen loved them, so draw your own conclusions about the dangers of listening to Tektons.;)

6CAD4A8A-AD9F-47C0-BCFE-6FCEB9A9E347.jpegI have a pair of those in my bedroom system with a miniwatt amp and iPod.

GLWTS.

15 hours ago, captmobley said:

Youthman,

I had been following the buzz on the Tekton Double Impacts on Audiogon forum and some of the other online forums.  I posted asking if anyone had a pair I could audition and a gentleman from Tampa responded saying he had a pair he wanted to get rid of.  He had moved up to Tekton's flagship speakers so we made an deal and I brought them home.

The buzz is that they are besting $20,000 speakers.  I'm not sure about that, but they are awesome.  Especially for what I paid for them!

Come hear!

http://www.tektondesign.com

I've been following the Tekton buzz for a while.  

How are they different (sounding) than the horns?  What are you getting more of or better from the DIs?

Or, is it just different?  (It has to be pretty amazing for you to sell the horns you've had for soooooo long.)

If I was in FL I'd grab them from you! 

7 minutes ago, captmobley said:

Klipschorns are sold and gone!

Oh wow, I was just thinking about contacting you and bringing over my hot-rod VRD's for an audition.  I'm about 3 hours north of you, but this saved me a drive.  I still have yet to hear a pair of Klipschorns.  Congrats on the sale.  

2 hours ago, Nhpm510z said:

They are very dynamic speakers.  A huge soundstage, great bass, very clear midrange, and fast.  They have a different but pleasing sound signature with a lot of dynamic presence.

I have changed everything about my system many times except for the speakers.  They had been in those corners for almost 22 years.  If I find I miss them, I'll find another pair, or maybe Cornwalls.  I never had Cornwalls.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, captmobley said:

Breakdown7.

I have LaScalas at my weekend cabin in Inverness.  You are welcome to come hear them anytime.

Thanks for the offer.  I was mainly interested to hear the Klipschorns. In reality, I need to downsize my gear anyway.  Our baby girl is due this month on the 16th and realistically, if I were to have brought Klipschorns home my wife might have went into early labor.  Glad you sold them quickly.  

On 1/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, captmobley said:

These are mine.  I know, I know, I know!  I'll probably regret it.

I know I regret selling mine.  :(

Notes:  You mentioned in your ad those were Crites Type A, but they are labeled A/4500!  That is a nice XO!  Do you remember if you changed out the tweeter as well for something like a Crites CT-120?  I bet you did.