New to Klipsch need help with Tweeter Identification?

GSM

So my background is in AR (Acoustic Research) stuff...BUT I came across a pair of these Heresy II speakers. They appear to be a matching set in (I think the light oak) and are nice units overall...but take a look at the two photos closely. The tweeters are different!  One cabinet has  one tweeter...the other a very different design. Does anyone know what the "PURE TITANIUM and the info GT-338 on a little red tab"  is all about on the other tweeter? Possibly a mod from another speaker cabinet...adapted to this cabinet? ...and which appears to be mounted upside down?

Thanks so much

Gary5a4fe30b45498_map1005.jpg.0780b0b3e528ecb24a50d87a98d7adb7.jpg5a4fe28d174a8_map1004.jpg.ecb5d19721dd7b1ecc4069d03d391c17.jpg 

Copy of map 1 005.jpg

Welcome to the forum GSM. While I am not a Heresy owner I do know that parts are available to restore the modified speaker to original configuration. I would have a hard time believing that tweeter would sound better that the original, that said without hearing it. Also better upgrade parts designed for that set of speakers are available as well - try the Bob Crites website as I have bought great replacement parts from him that fit exactly. www.critesspeakers.com - no relation to me other than I am a customer.

P.S. Nice find!