RIP Jerry Van Dyke

Rich_Guy

Dick Van Dykes brother Jerry has passed away at 86 RIP

Probably one of and maybe my very first favorite TV show as a very young child was My Mother the Car

I was too young to even remember much of anything about the show,  just that it was one of my first favorites and I've always liked Jerry.

Soon after The Dick Van Dyke Show  and Mary Poppins, Jerry Van Dyke was interviewed.  He was asked how it happened that Dick Van Dyke became very popular, and known around the world, and he, Jerry, while he was well liked, had comparatively little fame.  He said that when they were very, very young his father called them to him and said, "Now this is important; I need to know which one of you wants to be Dick."

He was definitely a funny guy and always enjoyed watching him in Coach.  I saw something on the news this morning about the theater in Benton, AR he helped renovate years ago and then gave it to the Royal Players for their use.  He also has a soda shop that still operates there under his name.  Funny guy and I liked him more than his brother in most things.

RIP