Empty Chorus Cabinets - Portland, OR

jimjimbo

Well I made the drive yesterday and picked these up, they are in very nice condition! I have almost everything to put these back together minus input cups but I'll likely just make something work. Finally, after 2 years of searching for a pair of Chorus 1's I'm able to at least put a nice pair together!

Seller was very nice and gave me "the tour" of his place and demo'd his La Scala's and Cornwall set up powered by an older McIntosh amp. All speakers were pushed tight into the corners and the Cornwalls were up front. The sound was very well balanced top to bottom but as I faced the Cornwalls my ears were pulled back around to the La Scalas, the sound was so much larger and warm, very life like, that is the sound I am after! He assured me the La Scala's benefited greatly from having the Cornwalls in the room, that the bass I was hearing was coming from them and not the La Scalas. Either way he has one of the nicest systems I've heard in recent memory, really glad I made the drive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Well I made the drive yesterday and picked these up, they are in very nice condition! I have almost everything to put these back together minus input cups but I'll likely just make something work. Finally, after 2 years of searching for a pair of Chorus 1's I'm able to at least put a nice pair together!

Seller was very nice and gave me "the tour" of his place and demo'd his La Scala's and Cornwall set up powered by an older McIntosh amp. All speakers were pushed tight into the corners and the Cornwalls were up front. The sound was very well balanced top to bottom but as I faced the Cornwalls my ears were pulled back around to the La Scalas, the sound was so much larger and warm, very life like, that is the sound I am after! He assured me the La Scala's benefited greatly from having the Cornwalls in the room, that the bass I was hearing was coming from them and not the La Scalas. Either way he has one of the nicest systems I've heard in recent memory, really glad I made the drive. 

Congrats!  You need to get you some LS.....