Why not use an Inuke as a main power amp?

wvu80

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

What do you have?  A DIY amp or a commercially built product with IcePower?

Pair of Bel Canto Ref 1000 mono blocks, Murano Audio P-500S Plus monos, and P-200S monos not to count a couple Pioneer Elite with D3 receivers.  Almost 100% gave up on room heaters though they have a certain allure.  These run neck and neck with larger NCore from what I have seen in the shootouts.  A matter of taste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdecho said:

I have not heard any of the ones you mention, do not buy retail. But from info on the technical diyaudio forum the Icepower and TPA 3255 family is in the same class as the ones you mention. D amplification is for real now for high end audio. I could live with the the upper class D amplifiers myself. 

Sadly, I wish I didn't pay retail either but I did at least get the REF 1000 monos for $3.5k.  I couldn't help myself when I heard what they brought to the system.  Way more than I ever thought I would pay for amplification though I thought my speakers deserved that.

• 10 months later...

Dave,

Did you ever take the class D plunge?  I’ve used several Class D boards with success.  I use a pair of iNuke 1000s to power four DIY TH subs.  I briefly used one to power a pair of DIY single drivers.  The full range sound was surprisingly good.

Feel free to get contact info by PM.  I have plenty of free advice that’s at least worth what you pay for it.

I believe that the newer Behringer products are better than earlier ones, but like most/all large companies, they design and build to specific price points.

I recently got a usb interface for my pc and is is far better than I really expected.

Very solid build and works as it should.

Bruce

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2018 at 3:59 PM, wvu80 said:

Why is it that nobody, ever, recommends an Inuke for left/right mains as an external amp, such as the Behringer Inuke 3000? 

The Inuke 3000 w/dsp costs around $300 rated at 315 watts into 8 Ohms, Class D power from 20 Hz to 20 Khz.  They are wildly popular as sub amps but I've never understood why these aren't used as power amps for L/R or as an low frequency amp for L/R bi-amped.

" A built-in crossover switch enables the amp to operate in biamp mode, sending low frequency content to passive subwoofers, while the high frequency output is channeled to full range loudspeakers."

NU3000DSP-large.jpg

Why is it that nobody, ever, recommends an Inuke for left/right mains as an external amp, such as the Behringer Inuke 3000? 

The Inuke 3000 w/dsp costs around $300 rated at 315 watts into 8 Ohms, Class D power from 20 Hz to 20 Khz.  They are wildly popular as sub amps but I've never understood why these aren't used as power amps for L/R or as an low frequency amp for L/R bi-amped.

" A built-in crossover switch enables the amp to operate in biamp mode, sending low frequency content to passive subwoofers, while the high frequency output is channeled to full range loudspeakers."

NU3000DSP-large.jpg

NU3000DSP-large.jpg

Behringer Inuke amps are fine for powering the lower frequencies with subwoofers. However thery sound terrible in the upper frequency ranges. Mids and highs sound like they're behind a veil and muddy with no definition. I used one and almost returned my speakers due to two how terrible they sounded with a Inuke 6000. I would never recommend one for speaker use. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 4:59 PM, wvu80 said:

The Inuke 3000 w/dsp costs around ..............................$300 .............

Because it is a Behringer!!!!   I bought one Behringer product, an electronic crossover.  After the 3rd use it only works with a 10 lb weight sitting on top. 

I have too much power for my mains at 140-ish wpc, but my A125x5 operates in Class A up to about 1.25 watts, I think I was told, so I don't often get out of Class A operation.