Single La Scala, Ohio, eBay, works, 1F270

codewritinfool

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, Arrow#422 said:

1F270 = 1967 year code?

Type A xo.

Prolly aught to wait for a single Belle for a center instead.

@ZEUS121996

coulda used yours before the "water incident"

I was using my Belle as a center, now I have 3 Khorns, that should make a good L-C-R combo. I'm in no hurry to get it set up, it's going to take some work to get the single K tp fit in. Both Looks and sound should be pretty sweeeeeet, if I don't screw the pooch along the way

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 12:19 AM, ZEUS121996 said:

now I have 3 Khorns, that should make a good L-C-R combo. I'm in no hurry to get it set up,

it's going to take some work to get the single K tp fit in.

You've been holding out on us, I didn't know you had a 3rd Khorn!  :emotion-21:

I'd like to see a thread on what you are doing/thinking about, a 3K setup sounds fantastic.

If you have the flexibility I'd like to see the 3 Khorns with nothing in between them.  My thinking is the bass horns will reinforce each other giving you next level seamless integration across the front.  I know the traditional thinking is that Khorns need corners but just before I sold mine I took them out of the corners and had them almost in the center of the room, so no corner reinforcement and they were away from the front wall. 

They surprised me with the incredible sound and never sounded better, so I am up for some "out-of-the-box" thinking. 

+++

BTW the single is a 1967 LS on Ebay.  It is in poor shape with bad paint and glue on the covering.  LS singles in good shape go for $500 all day long.  I don't know why someone would want to overpay for a project.