Chorus ii - Replacing passive radiator

Monkeybuddy

11 hours ago, billybob said:

Lol, while we are at it, may as well ask the  Cheif about 12 inch passives for the forte' and the 4's.

I cant imagine Klipsch would start building new parts for 20+ year old speakers unless they have a use for them in their current or future production line... one can always hope I'd personally love to see a new Chorus III bet theyd sell like hotcakes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

I cant imagine Klipsch would start building new parts for 20+ year old speakers unless they have a use for them in their current or future production line... one can always hope I'd personally love to see a new Chorus III bet theyd sell like hotcakes 

Wouldn't it be something. If so, it could be released a little down the road like late this year or early next.

In any case, this is the type of speculation that sweet dreams are made of...

Cool! 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 3:00 PM, 314carpenter said:

Check in Garage then. There is a new FS listing for a OEM KD-16 ⏲️ 💣💥

I saw that thread. It was nonsensical because the seller said he was a "reputable" seller but then asked $350 for it. I disagree.

I didn't even pay $200 for this pair of Chorus IIs.

EDIT TO ADD. Klipsch Support responded with an available KD-16, which has the rubber surround, priced at $144. I might have bit at $98, but there's a $50 home repair in my future.

Edited by tickertape
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, Chief bonehead said:

No. They are being made. Should be about. 1-2 weeks. 

sorry to bring this thread/topic up again... but i just received a reply from klipsch support in response to my email asking about the kd16 price & when it will be available,  the email says the KD16 is NOT available & they dont make parts for these old speakers.  so is this available or not & what happened to 1-2 weeks?  if it is available thats great, but the support dept apparently isnt aware of it.

how/when can this part be purchased?    

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

bump

If one had access to both the forte II and Chorus II passives they could simply weigh them and report the different weights so the KD-15 could be modified to work in place of the KD-16 new or used.