Replacement Jumpers for Floorstanding Speakers?

RandomTask

I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the direction of replacement parts for the jumpers that would have come with my Klipsch F-3 speakers.  I have upgraded my set and would like to have a solution for whoever may buy them off of me if they are not able to wire them for bi-amp.  I imagine that cutting short wires and bridging them would not be ideal?

54 minutes ago, RandomTask said:

I imagine that cutting short wires and bridging them would not be ideal?

Just the opposite.  Many people throw the metal pieces away and use a 3" piece of wire with spade connectors to connect them.  I have all my speakers with dual posts set up that way. (internet photos)

kef-iq-speakers-binding-posts.jpg

31TAbFru3+L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

• Like 2

I just removed my brass jumpers and cut some 12 guage wire at 3.5" long, stripping 1/2" of each end and this is how it turned out.  12 gauge is about as large as you can go for wire, at least with my 7ii's and 64ii.  It was tight fitting it through the hole in the binding post, also with as stiff as it is it was a little time consuming

IMG_3041.JPG

Just the opposite.  Many people throw the metal pieces away and use a 3" piece of wire with spade connectors to connect them.  I have all my speakers with dual posts set up that way. (internet photos)
kef-iq-speakers-binding-posts.jpg
31TAbFru3+L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

The jumpers from Klipsch......no good?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SWL said:

The jumpers from Klipsch......no good?

I don't know, but I would presume they are fine.  There is also a presumption that bi-wiring speakers is useless, but Klipsch provides the means to do that as well.  I pass no judgement on either count.

The original intent of the thread was to find replacement jumpers for Klipsch.  I was simply passing along what I've read, that using wire jumpers is a perfectly acceptable alternative.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I'm very new to this forum but having researched patiently on the subject of stock metal jumpers vs stranded ones, I suppose this article coming from a reliable source should settle the question. Please note the use of words, e.g. the difference between 'bi-wiring' and bi-amping' and the rest of the writer's opinions.

Thanks,

regards

Max

https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046297811-Why-Are-There-4-Input-Terminals-