Stereo amp for RF-82s

jfg02

Hello everybody.

I just moved to my new home, which has a 12ft x 24 ft combined living and dining room. I placed two RF-82s at one end of the 12ft x 24 ft living and dining room. I am looking for an amp to drive those speakers (budget is between 300 and 800 US$). Those tow speakers were formerly drived by a Harman Kardon 3600 AVR on a 5.1 system, and I liked how they sounded.

I was looking to the Onkyo A-9010, the Onkyo A-9050, the Marrantz PM6005 and the Marrantz PM6006. Any suggestion or idea ? 

Also, if you have any suggestion on a decent CD player priced between 200 and 400 US$, I would appreciate !

Thanks

It would be hard to beat a Yamaha combo consisting of the A-S801 Integrated Amp (100 wpc) and CD-S300 CD Player with USB memory stick capability.

Both would conveniently run from the same remote included with the Amp.  

The Yamaha R-S700 Receiver (100 wpc) would actually be less expensive and offers similar performance to the integrated amp.

I have the R-S700 and CD-S300 combo and the RF-82II speakers in my listening room...great combination, and my stand-alone output meters show that the receiver barely breaks a sweat.  Even at high volumes, the speakers rarely see more than 15 actual watts.

• Like 1