The Klipsch Audio Community
dtel's wife

2018 PILGRIMAGE SAVE THE DATES!

The release was for media purposes the first year. No releases were required last year. 

They can pony up their $50 each and come on down. It certainly can't hurt the advertising to show the event but I came to see the factory once after that it was to get together with buds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USNRET said:

They can pony up their $50 each and come on down.

In addition to corporate making a significant monetary contribution they did each pay $50. 

I'll make it my last but corporate should have been showing up to treat the employees to lunch periodically anyway. We do once  / twice a year. Peace, out.

Just now, USNRET said:

I'll make it my last but corporate should have been showing up to treat the employees to lunch periodically anyway. We do once  / twice a year. Peace, out.

Union rules play a big role in what corporate can  and can not do. 

In years past Klipsch actually quit funding the Pilgrimage entirely because of lack of interest. That secondary grass roots effort three years ago of the original thirteen has increased attendance by anything we ever imagined. That effort also resulted in the Employee Appreciation Luncheon coming to fruition. 

The growth in attendance is remarkable and we want to continue to encourage participation. Klipsch does not dictate what we do or when we do it, in exchange for their contribution. They simply asked me to schedule it when they could attend if at all possible. All other aspects of the event are at our discretion. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the event please feel free to share your ideas. We are doing our best to include everyone. The PWK fan base is huge and interest in this event has once again taken off

If any of you are interested in taking the organization of this event over I will gladly share all the previous years’ contact information with you and will assist in any way I can.  

Christy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

In years past Klipsch actually quit funding the Pilgrimage entirely because of lack of interest. That secondary grass roots effort three years ago of the original thirteen has increased attendance by anything we ever imagined. That effort also resulted in the Employee Appreciation Luncheon coming to fruition. 

The growth in attendance is remarkable and we want to continue to encourage participation. Klipsch does not dictate what we do or when we do it, in exchange for their contribution. They simply asked me to schedule it when they could attend if at all possible. All other aspects of the event are at our discretion. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the event please feel free to share your ideas. We are doing our best to include everyone. The PWK fan base is huge and interest in this event has once again taken off

If any of you are interested in taking the organization of this event over I will gladly share all the previous years’ contact information with you and will assist in any way I can.  

Christy

Just as "Carl's Martini Bar" wouldn't be the same without him at least in some fashion, neither would this event be the same without you Christy, and all of the work and hours and effort that you have put into it in years past, and which I'm sure you will do again this year.....  Since we're very early in this conversation, but still with valid and concerned input already, I think some thought should be given to what this event is becoming, which is, to be honest, less of a down to earth grass roots gathering, and more of a corporate/social media driven event.  Given the "way of the world" these days, it's not surprising.  No doubt there is increased interest from a number of different sources like the Facebook group, Tweeter, etc.....And that's not a bad thing, just a different thing, which, when you look at the gathering in years past, and HONESTLY consider the ages of those involved, seems to be becoming something of a disconnect between the old guard, if you will, and the Pepsi generation....Sure, it's happening all over, but some of us are resisting.....

Only one more thing thing to say....

• Like 1

Klipsch’s financial contribution basically covers the rental of Rodney’s for the duration of the event, including the grounds, building and facilities. It also covers most of the cost of the meals we are served while there, as well as clean up etc. This amount fluctuates based on attendance. 

Our contributions cover the employee luncheon, desserts and incidentals. Additionally our contributions cover any overage in attendance. 

Im not certain while y’all feel it’s a corporate event/social media etc. Last year was a little different because of the Museum Transfer Ceremony, so I can see why that might be a concern. Generally speaking Klipsch feels this is a gathering for their fans. An opportunity to showcase new products produced in Hope, AR and generally a huge party with their fans. Yes, this number has grown exponentially and will probably continue to grow. 

• Like 1

The baker's dozen gathering a few years ago was pretty amazing, really. You're spot-on with the desire to maintain that atmosphere of comradery, guys, and it's true that with changes we've had some differences.  While planning during the next year for the first employee lunch and gathering, Dave and I had dozens of conversations about changes and had high hopes about some potential differences. We were a little bit giddy, as I recall, about the prospect of growth, since Rodney's was such an awesome place, and especially if Klipsch were to become more involved. They did, and Christy took charge of the planning, "Thank you very much". More music, more pilgrims, better food arrangements, door prizes, the addition of security at Rodney's, and the shuttle bus were improvements, as were the opportunity to tour the museum and factory, to listen to some Klipsch, and to be a part of the Museum dedication. Great job, Christy! Differences, yes; best ever still to come, yes. I expect to have a Martini with pickled green beans next May.

SSH

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

This event is still forum member/fan directed. Klipsch corporate has come to love the Pilgrimage as much as we do. I’ve heard several of them say they had no idea what it was about and that they will never miss another Pilgrimage. Even though they have cut our budget this year their financial contribution to the event continues to be significant. Without their monetary support our contributions would be drastically increased. 

I personally feel that last year was one of the best pilgrimage yet since I have been attending them since 2006. With great tours of the factory, demonstrations at the factory and Rodney’s and the live music was some of the best yet.🙂👍

I really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with some of the very nice and interesting people from “Klipsch Corporate” (as some are calling them here) at the last pilgrimage and I hope they come back this year as well.

miketn

• Like 3

I want to add for anyone that has never attended one of these that each year has been a different experience filled with some very happy memories, experiences and friendships made that I value very much to this day.

Make no mistake without Klipsch’s participation together “with” Forum Members participation we all would be missing something special IMHO.

miketn

• Like 3

Last year was my first pilgrimage and both my wife and I really enjoyed the entire event. Meeting John Shalam was one of the highlights as he was approachable and friendly, an audio nut like me. Christy, Elden, Roy and Rodney (lots of others too) provided the family feel even though the event was fairly large. While my two daughters are not ready to attend I am working on them as it was family friendly. I was surprised by the mix of different people with Klipsch in common along with the easy going conversations. I think it is what you make of it. I have my room booked already :)

• Like 1

No doubt the events at Rodney's are over the top as compared to the "old days". My first couple Pilgrammages were in Hope at "the Farnhouse" when Amy and Trey seemed to head those efforts. Also had one or two in Indy at Corp headquarters. Rodney's and the Farmhouse certainly have a better "feel" to them. Rodney and his crews efforts don't go unappreciated as they go over and above to make  everyone feel welcome. And I'm sure Christy and Eldon are at wits end when its finally over. I think the KGI influence will be less this year as the security was tied directly to having the CEO's of Vox and Klipsch on the grounds. It's all good ----

• Like 2

When this all started 17 fans sent me a letter tell me how they got hooked and that they were coming to visit...they ask what day would be best.

We had folks fly down from Indy to join me in hosting the event. This went on missing only a year or two until 2011.

I had tons of help from forum members and friends. I had about $10k to work with. the money is no where close to that now.

I took on a new boss and job and was "phased out" of the event.  I am glad to see the fans keep it going and I am glad to help when I can. 

I plan to be there...maybe....just maybe I can chill and not work. Just spending time catching up with old friends and making new ones...

but when have you ever seen me sit down and not work an event?

• Like 5

I remember talking with Trey many moons ago when I needed new diaphragms for my first Heresy's and he was in customer service. Very early days of the Internet and we exchanged photos of the procedure. Now look - he is a Klipsch Big Dog and I am sitting in front of Jubilees. Still have Heresy's too --- 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Only one more thing thing to say....

I'm sorry to interrupt but I now have it in for @jimjimbo as KC and the Sunshine Band has been stuck in my head since he posted it!  :wacko:

I am a longtime metal fan but must admit I grew up with that - and admit the brass in it sounds good. :o

P.S. If y'all tell on me, for liking that song, I will say my account was hacked. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ole Dollar said:

I'm sorry to interrupt but I now have it in for @jimjimbo as KC and the Sunshine Band has been stuck in my head since he posted it!  :wacko:

I am a longtime metal fan but must admit I grew up with that - and admit the brass in it sounds good. :o

P.S. If y'all tell on me, for liking that song, I will say my account was hacked. :ph34r:

You are welcome!  My 7 and 6 year old granddaughters sing it all the time, so it's rather common around here....although of course our daughter, their Mom, hates it because of ....booty.....

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 5:37 PM, USNRET said:

They can pony up their $50 each and come on down. It certainly can't hurt the advertising to show the event but I came to see the factory once after that it was to get together with buds.

They do pony up their $50 every year for every employee attendee, plus they paid for attendees on Saturday last year.

On 1/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, Trey Cannon said:

When this all started 17 fans sent me a letter tell me how they got hooked and that they were coming to visit...they ask what day would be best.

We had folks fly down from Indy to join me in hosting the event. This went on missing only a year or two until 2011.

I had tons of help from forum members and friends. I had about $10k to work with. the money is no where close to that now.

I took on a new boss and job and was "phased out" of the event.  I am glad to see the fans keep it going and I am glad to help when I can. 

I plan to be there...maybe....just maybe I can chill and not work. Just spending time catching up with old friends and making new ones...

but when have you ever seen me sit down and not work an event?

As I recall that first year you all ended up at PWK'S house, and Jim Hunter and Roy were there.

You were the one that put them in touch with Rodney to begin with (because the farmhouse wasn't available?).  It seems you know the whole dang town.

Thanks for all you have done to make it work every year, even though you were phased out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

They do pony up their $50 every year for every employee attendee, plus they paid for attendees on Saturday last year.

As I recall that first year you all ended up at PWK'S house, and Jim Hunter and Roy were there.

You were the one that put them in touch with Rodney to begin with (because the farmhouse wasn't available?).  It seems you know the whole dang town.

Thanks for all you have done to make it work every year, even though you were phased out.

Trey “phased out”...NEVER. 

• Haha 1