dtel's wife

2018 PILGRIMAGE SAVE THE DATES!

On 1/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, richieb said:

the security was tied directly to having the CEO's of Vox and Klipsch on the grounds. It's all good ----

Actually the security is tied to the number of people expected to attend, if it is above a certain number you have to have security in order to prevent the paid attendees from subsiding the town of Bodcaw eating the food you help pay for.

People just show up at Rodney's at all times of the year when he is cooking, some maybe he would rather not be there.  When you get into larger numbers it gets impossible to determine who has paid, who hasn't, etc. 

Maybe limiting the size would make everyone happier?  

13?

130?

75?

It would sure make Christy's life a whole lot easier.

Travis

18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

They do pony up their $50 every year for every employee attendee, plus they paid for attendees on Saturday last year.

As I recall that first year you all ended up at PWK'S house, and Jim Hunter and Roy were there.

You were the one that put them in touch with Rodney to begin with (because the farmhouse wasn't available?).  It seems you know the whole dang town.

Thanks for all you have done to make it work every year, even though you were phased out.

Trey “phased out”...NEVER. 

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Actually the security is tied to the number of people expected to attend, if it is above a certain number you have to have security in order to prevent the paid attendees from subsiding the town of Bodcaw eating the food you help pay for.

People just show up at Rodney's at all times of the year when he is cooking, some maybe he would rather not be there.  When you get into larger numbers it gets impossible to determine who has paid, who hasn't, etc. 

Maybe limiting the size would make everyone happier?  

13?

130?

75?

It would sure make Christy's life a whole lot easier.

Travis

I’m hopeful “security” will not be necessary this year.  I’m exploring other avenues to keep track of attendees. 

Anyone that pays the registration fee is welcome to attend.  Why would we limit attendance?  It’s important that we continue to introduce the younger generation to this event, otherwise it will die a slow death. 

9 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

I’m hopeful “security” will not be necessary this year.  I’m exploring other avenues to keep track of attendees. 

Anyone that pays the registration fee is welcome to attend.  Why would we limit attendance?  It’s important that we continue to introduce the younger generation to this event, otherwise it will die a slow death. 

I wouldn't want to limit it, but if it is losing that "feel" that apparently some people want, that's one way to do it.

• Like 1

To tell the truth when I saw the May dates I immediately thought about Rodney. I thought extra time was being given for him to recover from his surgery. Cardiac bypass surgery ain't no walk in the park.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Actually, I'm hopeful "security" will absolutely be in place this year, and I know several other folks here that feel the same way.  There were several instances last year of "younger generation attendees" (registered or not, hard to tell), taking advantage of what they apparently thought was an open bar, and had nothing to share in that regard.  It also seemed apparent that throughout the weekend there looked to be underage "partiers" in attendance.  I would think this would present a real problem for Klipsch and for Rodney.  There definitely needs to be a easily visible method of identification.  Colored wristband PLUS badge?  

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Actually, I'm hopeful "security" will absolutely be in place this year, and I know several other folks here that feel the same way.  There were several instances last year of "younger generation attendees" (registered or not, hard to tell), taking advantage of what they apparently thought was an open bar, and had nothing to share in that regard.  It also seemed apparent that throughout the weekend there looked to be underage "partiers" in attendance.  I would think this would present a real problem for Klipsch and for Rodney.  There definitely needs to be a easily visible method of identification.  Colored wristband PLUS badge?  

I made sure that Adelaide only had one martini..

• Like 2

On 1/14/2018 at 9:50 PM, dtel's wife said:

Have some name tags made like they do for Blizzcon and other events

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blog_header/l4/L4F4JFAUSW8Q1499447802473.jpg

23 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Bathroom The Three

Is that what you get when you combine a number one with a number two?

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2018 at 5:59 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I made sure that Adelaide only had one martini..

I was her age once and I was always able to sneak one or two by the old man:)

I'd like to make several comments about this:

1st; If having Corporate attend gets Trey there, I'm all for it. Most importantly to me is Roy, Hunter and Trey, but I am pretty sure that Roy and Hunter would be there regardless as long as they could make it. I could care less if we all had to pay more to keep it about Paul, but those are my thoughts.

Secondly; I agree with others about seemingly posturing this thing for Corporate, Nobody asked me what would work for me. Did anybody ask David, Carl or Thad what would be convenient for them? Those three headed up the first year of 13, and I was as responsible as anybody for growing it to over 50 the  second year. I asked and got Kevin to attend and talked with Dozens of people both on and off the site. The week chosen is awful for me, my daughter Kim's Senior High school graduation is the very next week and I absolutely cannot miss that, so getting that much time off in two weeks will be hard to say the least. If we are to keep the sole of this going, we should be concerned for any of those that started this and promoted it before Corporate, again, just my opinion.

The three things that made year two grow the most were Trey hooking us up with Rodney, getting hooked up with the factory tour, and coming to hear Kevins KP-600s

My concern about the fires lies with Rodney. Do they have him on oxygen after his bypass surgery??

Roger

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, Trey Cannon said:

When this all started 17 fans sent me a letter tell me how they got hooked and that they were coming to visit...they ask what day would be best.

We had folks fly down from Indy to join me in hosting the event. This went on missing only a year or two until 2011.

I had tons of help from forum members and friends. I had about $10k to work with. the money is no where close to that now.

I took on a new boss and job and was "phased out" of the event.  I am glad to see the fans keep it going and I am glad to help when I can. 

I plan to be there...maybe....just maybe I can chill and not work. Just spending time catching up with old friends and making new ones...

but when have you ever seen me sit down and not work an event?

I will never forget the "Goat Roper".  

Goat Roper was great, seti.

Roger, I don't intend this to be a contentious reply, and the attendees to the baker's dozen that you mentioned were integral to its success, but to keep the record straight, they did not "head it up". Your contribution was important the next year, that first year at Rodney's, and no one on that team would downplay your contribution. Remembering that makes your post sting a bit for me, personally (that you feel slighted). I earnestly hope that you can work it out. Perhaps this should have been a PM.

SSH

• Like 1