Cornwall iii WDC

Kdenn011

Image one is a stock Klipsch photo showing all three finishes.  The rest of the pics look legit with "real" pictures.  There is very little other info in the ad.

Sn 0817 0004.  August of 2017, 4th pair ever built, in Cherry.

They could have bought when Adorama was running that blowout sale for $1400 a piece. If that is the case they are not really taking much of a hit. They did the same with the La Scala II's for $2500 a piece and the Heresy III for $999 a pair. 

@Kdenn011

Thanks for posting.

@teaman

Does this mean that 1/2 of msrp is the new acceptable market pricing for Klipsch offerings?

Seems like not too long ago a post for largely discounted speakers got all tangled up in here.

At 1/2 off nearly all Klipsch items are palatable financially to the masses, but someone somewhere must be getting hurt with the loss of profit.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@Kdenn011

Thanks for posting.

@teaman

Does this mean that 1/2 of msrp is the new acceptable market pricing for Klipsch offerings?

Seems like not too long ago a post for largely discounted speakers got all tangled up in here.

At 1/2 off nearly all Klipsch items are palatable financially to the masses, but someone somewhere must be getting hurt with the loss of profit.

I don't think it is the new normal, but if you ever get a chance to grab new speakers for those prices I would have a hard time passing that kind of deal by. Unfortunately when the deals were offered, I didn't see them until after the sale ended. If you search Adorama they have a used section and rate everything. They have a pair of H 3's for $80...for the pair. I am assuming these were purchased during those big sales and someone returned them or slightly damaged in shipping. Also an RC-64 for $599

I know several Klipsch employees and salespeople are p*ssed seeing these under retail prices and I totally get that. In this case the ones I mentioned just now are considered used so there is no reason why anyone should be upset seeing that.

36 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@Kdenn011

@teaman

The dealer is taking the hit.

Unless it's gray market goods.  I wouldn't think Klipsch, as a home audio company, would have to deal with that like I did as a Manufacturers Rep for car audio lines back in the earlier 2000's when I lived in the DFW area.  It wasn't uncommon for a car audio manufacturer to call me and tell me they needed me to get a $250k to $500k order so "they" could "hit their number for the quarter/year".   Those typically went to Harry Hines Blvd in Dallas or Harwin in Houston.  Then, it just distributed out like a big fog.  I hated having to do that but sure liked the bonus that came from it.  Ticked off a bunch of dealers, though.

But, again; I wouldn't think Klipsch does that.  But who knows...  I had emailed that guy last year at one point and it seemed pretty legit.  You show up with the money or meet somewhere and that was the deal.  Just take a cop friend.  ;)  Maybe the are b-stock goods which are sold cheaper to certain dealers for online sales.  Regular dealers can't get B-stock stuff, typically, from what I understand.  At least the one close to me can't.